Daily Check In March 14, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In March 14, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:09 pm Morning, all and Happy Pi Day. I’m still not sleeping well (darn time change). My feet are feeling a bit better today than they have for a few days, though, so I got a shower and washed my hair, yay. Sadly, that has become a Big Deal. I have a shower bench and do sit for most of it, but the standing I do feels very scary and precipitous. DH has mounted four different shower bars, and they have saved me many times from falling. In between days I make do with a “sink bath.” My hair is very curly and dry, so I can go a week between shampoos if I have to.

Penny, I hope your doctor’s visit goes well and that the blood tests show an improvement. IC, rest while you can, dear…especially if your DH is coming directly home. Trees, I hope you snow starts melting SOON. One of my friends posted a picture on Facebook showing people near Lake Tahoe walking this shoveled path between two WALLS of snow, like two stories high. It gave me serious anxiety, like…serious anxiety!

My DH got the call from his surgeon’s office. His knee surgery is scheduled for the first week in May. It’s so hard to know what kind of help he’ll need when he comes home and for how long. He does so much around the house, and he’s worried about things falling apart. Ugh…I’m trying to line up someone who can come do stuff like empty/refill the cat’s box, pull the trash bin out to the street…heavy or precarious stuff that I know I can’t do. But there’s so many unknowns. I wish he would just go to rehab for a few days, but he wants to come home.

Owned and Mackie, I will “third” the it’s-too-cold-in-Tennessee chorus. It was pretty chilly when I got up, 26°, brrr. Winter’s not quite done with us. Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day of the week, so fingers crossed I get to go sit on “my” bench on the lake. Technically, I’m not supposed to go there, because the community next door to ours has an HOA and has signs posted at their little park that it’s for the use of the HOA residents only. There’s no sign posted at this bench (which is on the other side of the lake), but I’m sure it’s considered part of the HOA property. I justify it in my mind that I would never go when anyone else was around and wanted to sit there (weekends, after work, etc.) and I would never leave any trash or damage it in any way. I figure if someone comes up and tells me to leave, then I’ll leave. Come to think of it, it is spring break this week, so I may need to rethink… Hmm.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I worked on a short story for a while this morning. It’s coming along nicely, I think, but still needs a lot of work. I’m trying to do other things though – like visit with you lovely people here – to give me a better balance these days. I have meatloaf and mashed potatoes penciled in for supper (premade and ready to go). I’ll fix something green to go with, and that will be a quick and good supper.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Patty..the first week in May will be here before you know it.....line up some help now!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Has anyone heard from Sheila?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:34 pm Has anyone heard from Sheila?
No, I asked the same question yesterday. I wonder if she is really involved with her parents, or perhaps taking that trip (though with the storm that could be a problem).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:09 pm Morning, all and Happy Pi Day. I’m still not sleeping well (darn time change). My feet are feeling a bit better today than they have for a few days, though, so I got a shower and washed my hair, yay. Sadly, that has become a Big Deal. I have a shower bench and do sit for most of it, but the standing I do feels very scary and precipitous. DH has mounted four different shower bars, and they have saved me many times from falling. In between days I make do with a “sink bath.” My hair is very curly and dry, so I can go a week between shampoos if I have to.

Penny, I hope your doctor’s visit goes well and that the blood tests show an improvement. IC, rest while you can, dear…especially if your DH is coming directly home. Trees, I hope you snow starts melting SOON. One of my friends posted a picture on Facebook showing people near Lake Tahoe walking this shoveled path between two WALLS of snow, like two stories high. It gave me serious anxiety, like…serious anxiety!

My DH got the call from his surgeon’s office. His knee surgery is scheduled for the first week in May. It’s so hard to know what kind of help he’ll need when he comes home and for how long. He does so much around the house, and he’s worried about things falling apart. Ugh…I’m trying to line up someone who can come do stuff like empty/refill the cat’s box, pull the trash bin out to the street…heavy or precarious stuff that I know I can’t do. But there’s so many unknowns. I wish he would just go to rehab for a few days, but he wants to come home.

Owned and Mackie, I will “third” the it’s-too-cold-in-Tennessee chorus. It was pretty chilly when I got up, 26°, brrr. Winter’s not quite done with us. Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day of the week, so fingers crossed I get to go sit on “my” bench on the lake. Technically, I’m not supposed to go there, because the community next door to ours has an HOA and has signs posted at their little park that it’s for the use of the HOA residents only. There’s no sign posted at this bench (which is on the other side of the lake), but I’m sure it’s considered part of the HOA property. I justify it in my mind that I would never go when anyone else was around and wanted to sit there (weekends, after work, etc.) and I would never leave any trash or damage it in any way. I figure if someone comes up and tells me to leave, then I’ll leave. Come to think of it, it is spring break this week, so I may need to rethink… Hmm.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I worked on a short story for a while this morning. It’s coming along nicely, I think, but still needs a lot of work. I’m trying to do other things though – like visit with you lovely people here – to give me a better balance these days. I have meatloaf and mashed potatoes penciled in for supper (premade and ready to go). I’ll fix something green to go with, and that will be a quick and good supper.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
I'm glad that you are thinking ahead for the help that you are going to need after your DH'ssurgey. smary

Not the same thang at all, but the only help that I needed in 2017 when I got my new hip was a dog walker, of course, I only had BB Girl at the time, which was $1000 for 2 dog walks a day for a month, well worth it.

But DH wasn't as sick back then, he couldn't walk BB even back then. He was able to drive, so that helped.

IC
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:18 pm Sharing with Owned that it is cold today in Tennessee. Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the Blizzard of 1993, which was far too much snow for us Southerners and other people as well.

I slept miserably. Daylight Savings Time -- paaahh! Tonight I may resort to a sleep aid and knock myself out just to get reset sooner. Otherwise it will be a month of sleeping badly.

Today I have laundry to do and supper to cook. Spaghetti with Italian sausage and sweet peppers is on the menu.

ICFrugal, I hope your DH continues to improve well but they don't hustle him out too soon, considering the fragility of his heath.

May everyone have a day of peace.
we were lucky that time, as our power stayed on the whole time. Some were out weeks.