Daily Check-in March 16, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 16, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Just got a phone call. Hubby's last remaining Uncle on his mother's side of the family passed away. There is now no one in that generation left from either side of his family.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I forgot to mention this morning that our little city is only 8 square miles but has 22,000 people living in it, making it the state's most densely populated city. Oddly enough, it does not feel crowded most of the time.

It has three grocery stores, a produce stand, a Walmart market, Family Dollar, Dollar General, a Dollar Tree, movie theatre, a small hospital, two liquor stores, four public schools, one Catholic school, one Baptist school, one Lutheran school, a Goodwill store, two hardware stores, a tiny public library, big recreation center, two motorcycle dealerships, probably too many restaurants, three pharmacies, an equal number of CBD shops, and more churches than you can shake a stick at. Nowhere to buy real clothes or shoes unless you count the sporting goods store by the rec center.
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Owned im sorry about your puppy. Hoping it makes its way back

Jackie, im sorry for your loss..

Hearing all of you state your populations, I looked up ours and our town in North Carolina has 17,812 people. We have a ton of stores and are about an hour from all big cities. We are an hour from Charlotte, Asheville, and Boone.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:54 pm I am sad to say, my dog has not been seen. We have posters out and on every pet place we know. Offering a reward we hoped if anyone had her, they would return her. I believe someone has her. She was less than 25 lbs and friendly. Neighbors have not seen her. I have 2 more dogs, but she was my chair buddy so I really miss her and she was my daughters dog.
Wish I could do more than just say how sorry I am for your loss. Will pray that she finds her way home soon.