Daily Check In March 17, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In March 17, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, food prices remain shocking here, and especially so if one is buying anything premade. I also think the impact of the war in the Ukraine on wheat prices is still being felt, as five pounds of Gold Medal bread flour is now $6 where I live. It's the only bread flour stocked by the store, which used to carry three brands. Wheat is in so many things that it's bound to affect the prices.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I did the usual sweeping and some mopping.

Cleared more things out of the fridge - took that to the critters in the back acre.

Still chilly. Wearing jeans and long sleeved shirt with a fluffy robe over that.

Other than that - just listening to Law and Order shows!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:37 pm Quilter, food prices remain shocking here, and especially so if one is buying anything premade. I also think the impact of the war in the Ukraine on wheat prices is still being felt, as five pounds of Gold Medal bread flour is now $6 where I live. It's the only bread flour stocked by the store, which used to carry three brands. Wheat is in so many things that it's bound to affect the prices.
Even here in my province the price is higher than it used to be for flour. We produce and mill most of our own flour in this province. Ten lbs of bread flour costs $9.99 on sale and it used to be $7.99. This is one item that is less expensive here than in the U.S.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Made the tartar sauce for the crab cakes, and am marinating the salad. Not too sure if I will make anything else...there are some mashed potatoes I could fry up with some onion though.

I got a call from the family of Hubby's uncle that passed away. They asked if I would do a reading. So I cancelled my dental appointment (it is now moved to April), just in case the freezing wasn't totally out by the time I needed to face the congregation.

Did not get a section of my closet decluttered, but might do so after posting. Lots of time before supper. Could be I can get two sections done.

I will be going out to purchase a sympathy card tomorrow so will drop of any donations I have. Out of the house so I don't paw through and remove things. I really do have a habit of doing that.

Owned still praying that your fur child gets home.

MJ thanks so much for your card. Made my day.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

It has stayed cool all day tomorrow is supposed to be colder...uck....
DD2 called she brought home a ton of leftovers from her office carry in. Because once again her office mates didn't want to take anything home because most of them do not eat leftovers :shock: We had pulled pork, veggie pizza, broccoli salad, pasta salad, choc eclair cake, cookies, Irish soda bread. I am sure there was more but can't remember. They told her if we didn't eat it to give it to my chickens. They are so wasteful, but we reaped the benefits.
I need to pen up the chickens and get ready for our outing tomorrow. I am excited, should be fun and other than the cold looking forward to it.

JCKitty
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:26 pm Owned, are you all offering a reward for Cindy's return? I would most happily make a contribution if you can message me your name and address. I hope that isn't offensive - I just want to do something - anything - to help you get her back. I would be heart broken if one of my dogs was missing and I am right there with you in your sadness. Please let me know if I can help. You and Cindy are in my thoughts.
Thank you for your generous offer. But I can manage the reward. My 8 yr old great grand son offered to give me some money for the reward. He must not have spent what I gave him for Christmas. Lol. I still have 2 other dogs, but they are quiet.Thank you again.