Daily Check In March 17, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In March 17, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day. Was up with the dogs in the 3:00 hour again - it is hard for me to go back to sleep after that, so here we are.

I was so in the mood for a hot breakfast this morning - it is cold and raining. However, I have finally eaten up my stash of oatmeal (insert faint sound of cheers in the background). I am all out of grits. I don't want to cook pancakes or potatoes - but I might. Or - I will just have corn flakes and a lot of hot coffee. Windy this morning too. I haven't seen a Robin yet - I always look forward to seeing "my first Robin" every March.

Today is my best friends since we were 10's birthday. She is VERY Irish and married a man who is VERY Irish - their last names are Irish, the whole thing. They are having a little pot-luck get-together tomorrow night and I said I would go and bring something. My contribution won't necessarily be "Irish" - I am thinking a pasta salad or an apple crisp - or maybe both. I also have to cook and deliver food to my parents so it will be a busy day.

My birthday/hostess gift to my friend (we usually don't do birthday gifts, but since they're having the dinner) is a little enamel pin that is a cat with a shamrock - she loves cats and all things Irish and is quite the collector of random little bits like that, which I am not, I find it irritating to have useless stuff around but I like to look at the useless stuff that other people have. I found it on Etsy with the help of my coworker.

I am off for a second cup of coffee and have decided to eat a cold breakfast - the world will go on, lol. I hope you are all doing well and have a good day. Owned, I am hoping with all my might that your dog comes home to you.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 17, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Thanks for reminding me that it is St. Patrick's Day, Happy Daze. Now to find something green to wear (or I could pull out my shamrock necklace). I won't be making Irish Stew as it is a Friday and we don't eat meat on Friday, especially through Lent.

Not much happening here today, another rather boring day. It seems as if my life lately has been a series of boring days and at times restless nights. Now, not living a life of never a dull moment can be nice for a stretch, I do need a bit of excitement to stop my mind from resting and thinking odd thoughts.

I have my regular Friday household tasks to complete today. I need to dust, vacuum, tidy the living room, and declutter one section of my closet. Today will be the tops, I know there are lots that are now too small, or I just do not like any longer. Out they go.

I will then move on to "fun". I plan on knitting another 4 patterns on my top today (perhaps more if at all possible). I decided late last night that after this was completed I would work on a few projects that I have listed that would only take a day or less. I need to get more of my list checked off this month. At least I am doing better this month than the last couple.

Supper tonight was going to be a tuna casserole, however I just may pull out the last 4 crab cakes and make those along with salad. I will need to spice them up a bit for Hubby as he says they taste bland. Perhaps make tartar sauce for them.

Today I am grateful that we were told about Hubby's uncle passing away. I am also grateful that I will be able to attend his funeral on Monday without having to change my dental appointment.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Good Morning Everyone,
I need to post now, otherwise it ends up being 11pm at night and I figure no one wants to hear about my day when they read it the day after.

I am a member of the Care Group at my church and we provide meals for members that are having a health or family issue. I was asked if I could provide a meal on Friday for an elderly couple that live in Senior Housing a half mile from my home. I am making a corned beef dinner with cabbage, carrots and mashed potatoes today. I have a 4 lb corned beef so I'll have plenty for the couple and DH for dinner tonight. I have graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips so I don't have to go purchase anything to make a desert. I seldom make desert since I'm diabetic and DH is pre-diabetic. But, today is the day a desert might be nice.

I need to get this meal completed and delivered by 3pm. I'm on a committee for the Maine Education Association and have meetings tonight and tomorrow in Augusta (state capital.) One can travel both days , but the committee will pay for a hotel and I am staying the night. DH is pushing me out the door. I think he feels guilty because I've barely left the house since his fall. But, he is doing good. He now takes showers on his own and actually put on a pair of jeans by himself yesterday. So, he is spending the night here alone and I am going to my meetings. He got himself off our porch and strolled down the street with his walker to visit a neighbor and have a beer with him yesterday afternoon.

Today's chores... Laundry is already going. I really need to clean the bathroom, sweep floors and do some dusting. Cook and deliver my meal. Pack an overnight bag.

Have a great day everyone!
Juie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

The cold front came in last night. I must have been out of it. I did hear two loud rumblings of thunder. Of course big pup was terrified. Thankfully that was it. It rained enough that there are puddles all over the yard. Now that I didn't hear. Slept through that.

I did get up early to take the pups out and just decided to stay up. Not as early as HappyDaze, but earlier than what I've been doing.

It is gray out there and we are in the 40s. Think it will be colder tomorrow. What a Spring Break. Oh well.

Hope all have a great day - and that Owned's pup comes home!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

H-E-B had everything on my order. Of course I realized I forgot one item. No big deal it was a nice to have not a must have. It is already on my next order.

I have a towel wash in the washer.

We had enough rain near here that Old OConnor Rd is closed due to flooding. The back area just looks very muddy. I don’t know about the recharge zone.

I need to sew some potholders, they are already cut out and ready to sew.

Penny
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Hope is growing dimmer each day passes with no word on Cindy. Have posted everywhere we know. Son in law as posted his number everywhere and asked neighbors. Posted on lost and found sites and only got scam calls. Wanting to send a code to prove We were real. If we only knew she was happy. I have lost a person the last 3 yrs, so maybe she is my lost for 2023. She was my four legged child.