Daily Check In March 17, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In March 17, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

I had forgotten today is St. Patrick's Day! My Irish grandfather is probably tsking away in Heaven.

We are under a freeze warning tonight and will have lousy weather until the 21st, when things warm back up. I have a bad case of wanna work in the yard and need DH's help. He does not budge unless the weather is perfect.

Update: my messy drawer is organized. It was rather sad tossing out years of Lily Dog's medical records. The poor little bean had so much wrong with her that most of the stack in the veterinary records section was her stuff.

I also reorganized my tiny desk and signed up for an out of state library card through the Houston, Texas Public Library. It cost $40.50. The library uses the same payment platform as the city parking enforcement here, so I had a flashback to all the parking tickets I used to get at work. :-D

Already very pleased with the new library card and checked out three e-books.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 am Hope is growing dimmer each day passes with no word on Cindy. Have posted everywhere we know. Son in law as posted his number everywhere and asked neighbors. Posted on lost and found sites and only got scam calls. Wanting to send a code to prove We were real. If we only knew she was happy. I have lost a person the last 3 yrs, so maybe she is my lost for 2023. She was my four legged child.
Owned,

I am so very sorry no one is showing up with your beloved Cindy. Do you have a local TV or radio station that could do a story on her being taken (if that's what has happened)? They could put out a call to their viewers of listeners to be on the look out for friends or relatives that suddenly have a dog. That's usually how dogs that have been taken or "taken in" are found.

I am praying for you and little Cindy that she gets to come home to her loving Mom.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Got home about 2:30 from hanging out with my darling little Charlee girl! We had a really nice time. Last night she also decided I was worthy of her sleeping under the covers. LOL She's such a little DIVA! I love her! We got up at 6:19 according to my watch. Some little Diva needed her morning potty break. After she came back in we just lounged in the recliner and she was really ZONKED!! LOL. We had a lovely morning and lunch and then I put her in her kennel to wait for her Mom and Dad to come home.

I hit the bank and got some cash and change. It wasn't busy in there at all which was really nice.

Tonight? Well, since it is St. Patrick's Day, I think I'll go with the luck of the Irish and just do NOTHING except watch some recorded shows. I have a few things to put away in the kitchen but that's no biggie. I'll make hash browns and eggs for supper and then toss it all in the dishwasher and run it.

No big plans on the weekend except to continue the organizing and piddling around in the kitchen and my newly created "pantry."

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Owned, I am so verysorry about your pup, I don't understand how people can do such a thing.

But then my dy?aughter is fostering a dog so it doesn
thave to be kenneled over the weekend because the other fosters thought he was "too need.

My recent trip to the grocery store which is rare for me just confirmed that it is not something I want to do, and that prices are still high. I went to see if it was worth checking out the clearance meat section, but I have done that three times now and the larder has been bare so to speak. It is just too much energy and time out of my retirement day and the pickers always do very good for me in the produce and meat sections.

I spent 75 bucks which practically gave me a heart attack, but then I realized I had two of the good baker y breads (rosemary and honey and sourdough) to contribute to church soup supper tonight, as well as boost and atkins cookies and 3salad bowls and eggs (plus a couple additions) . still, sticker shock,

Since procrastinate and lazy are my two middle names, I have not nearly as much as I would like for tomorrows fair, five patchwork purses/totes, a travel book pillow to sell and use for special orders and a few other things. But my real purpose is to see if I can do these without my daughter realistically and tomorrow will be the test. So I'll just enjoy myself. I expect the answer will be I cannot set up the table and display and so on alone,
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 am Hope is growing dimmer each day passes with no word on Cindy. Have posted everywhere we know. Son in law as posted his number everywhere and asked neighbors. Posted on lost and found sites and only got scam calls. Wanting to send a code to prove We were real. If we only knew she was happy. I have lost a person the last 3 yrs, so maybe she is my lost for 2023. She was my four legged child.
Owned, are you all offering a reward for Cindy's return? I would most happily make a contribution if you can message me your name and address. I hope that isn't offensive - I just want to do something - anything - to help you get her back. I would be heart broken if one of my dogs was missing and I am right there with you in your sadness. Please let me know if I can help. You and Cindy are in my thoughts.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Well friends, I don't know what it means - or if it means anything - but I have NO MEMORY of stating this thread this morning - sheesh!

It was a long day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz