Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Cleaning an electric stove depends on the brand. You may be able to download the manual from the manufacturer from their website.

On GE and Hotpoint stoves the coils come out. They self clean per the instructions from GE. I spray my drip pans with Dawn Power spray if needed.

You just wipe underneath there.

I haven’t had a gas stove since about 1981.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We south texas folks are cold weather wimps - lol

There were several events scheduled for today and a lot were canceled.

No mega foodbank. They will have it next weekend. The farmers market didn't set up.

The food truck I was planning on hitting up for lunch didn't open either.

I had to settle for frozen pancakes. :mrgreen:
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

GMPG54 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 am Maggie,
Can you give me a quick how to on taking off the coils & grates on an older electric stove.
This is my first electric and it could use a good cleaning.
Thankyou!!
Lift up the coils and pull. There is a sort of a plug on the ends. And they were very dry when i pushed them back in the plug in. Then the bowl underneath will just life out.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. I am at my craft fair all wrapped up and unclear how long I'll last in the 50 degree weather. Fine when the sun's out, not so fine without.thos should be the last cold weekend and my next show is april first.

I've decided that from now on other than holiday items ill fully concentrate on sustainable stuff like clloth grocery bags, flannel baby wipes, cloth paer towels and even cloth pads. Hopefully using mainly upcycled fabrics.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Get this------>I was in and out of the shower before 7 am!! YES!! ME!! Believe it? :mrgreen: I usually don't function at all until at earliest 10:30 am. Oh, I will be up but drinking coffee and in sloth mode! This morning I had a meeting in a little hamlet 20 minutes west of town. I was meeting a new doggie, Scampers and his Moms, Holly and Ruth. They live in a GORGEOUS converted church! The big windows and all makes a beautiful home! Scampers took to me and right away was cuddled up to me for belly rubs. He is a 14 year old Bichon. His Moms are going on a 3 week cruise to GREECE! A friend of theirs in a travel agent and the price was just too good to ignore. So, I wan't so weird that they rejected me. I am on to be Scamperz babysitter too!

I am closing my book on getting any new doggo or kitty furry friends. I have enough that I can get out of the house, enjoy all my furry friends and also be available if my friends want to take off for a quick trip to Winnipeg or a hockey game or what not. I think I have enough doggo pals now and two kitties too! Hunter and Cocoa! I'll be babysitting Lily Gurl at the end of this week while Sherry and family go to Sedona, AZ. They gave me a in advance payment and that is how I was able to buy that used dishwasher. It's scheduled to be delivered March 28 but the SAGA of the dishwasher could change again! LOL

Although I thought I slept well last night, maybe getting up at 6:30 am is just too early for my internal clock. I am shot and need a nap! After that? This afternoon will be a continuation of reorganizing my kitchen. I have to run the dishwasher (It still works for the bottom rack) and then I'll unload it. I might catch some basketball tonight as it is March Madness right now.

Jackie,
Yes, we have the same cold and wind today. I stepped out and went, "WOW! That isn't like yesterday!"

Once I got back from meeting Scamperz and his Moms, I went to The Food Rescue store and got Hot Dog Buns for $1.00 (EXCELLENT price, have you seen the price in the store for HOT DOG BUNS? CRAZEE!), a big jar of Reese's PB sauce for pancakes, waffles, ice cream cake, whatever. Zoe told me they got it and had it over pancakes and it was delicious! They also had like baby tater tots. So I got two bags of those at $3.00/bag. All in total my haul was only $15.00. I am going to have the potato "gems" and eggs for lunch since I rushed out the door without breakfast.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

Cold here, too, and we had a light dusting of snow that lasted into late morning.
Not sure if it's weather changes or not, but I just ached yesterday. Some better today, but lower back/hip still bother me.

Hit Kroger yesterday mostly to cherry pick/use coupons. Lots of markdowns but little I could use (told DH that if we'd had a dog, we'd be set for food!) or markdowns that were still more than I wanted to pay.

Out to breakfast this morning (the sticker shock is a lot less, and I have enough leftovers for a couple of days :) ) Have laundry going at the moment and need to take care of some other chores.

Corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. Think I'll go turn on the basketball tournament. Glad I'm not much on filling out brackets — everyone's now busted after last night.