Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a mild, but a partly to mostly cloudy day here today with the temp going up to near 50 degrees. Tomorrow, however, it will be in the 30s.

No specific room chores on the weekend with the exception of just the daily pickups/meal prep and cleanup. Have done at 45 minutes of exercise; hope to get another 45 before the day is out. It's sometimes a struggle to do the exercising every day but I know I have to do it regardless.

Much of my time lately has been spent on reading as I finished another book yesterday. I will select another today. When I finish my post, I'll work on a Sudoku puzzle or two and maybe a grid logic problem. I've added some more channels to my Roku streaming stick as network TV has been more repeats than new shows. I might also pull out a jigsaw puzzle to start now that it's staying light longer in the evening.

My corned beef came out good and I have at least 2-3 more meals from it and maybe even 2 sandwiches. Not sure what I'll make tonight, maybe apple pancakes.

Well that's it for now. Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Logics and everyone.

We had a restless night, me and the dogs - up and down, up and down. Finally gave up at about 6 a.m. I am going to be tired today. Of course now the dogs are sleeping - go figure.

I have to go to the store soon and get some groceries. Making scalloped potatoes with ham to take to my parents today. For now, just watching it turn daylight and getting some coffee flowing through my system.

No other plans for the day - going to the store and making/delivering the meal will be enough. I hope everyone is doing okay. I hope that today will be the day that Owned's dog comes home. Take care everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Daily Check In March 18

Post by jgomez1002 »

Good Morning!

I need some coffee.

Julie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It seems like winter has put her hooks back into us here in my little corner. Yesterday, when I got up, the temperature was -22 C. Well this morning has that beat it is now -25 C. Much too cold for this close to the first day of calendar spring. When, oh when, is it going to warm up!!!! Really getting tired of this constant up and down.

Not much happening today. I just need to send in my scan, phone my brother, sweep the floor and put away the clean dishes. Easy Peesy. I do have to take a walk to the store at some point today and pick up a sympathy card. I am beginning to think I should have a supply of cards handy for all occasions.

My morning walk will be accomplished in front of the television to some music. I would brave the outside but the wind will make it feel much closer to -30C than I feel comfortable with.

I have 5 patterns left to do on the top of my sweater and I hope to get those done today. I would love to be sewing it together tomorrow and starting a new project. I actually have a few small ones on my list that can be both done in a day or two. I will be so happy to be able to mark those as done.

I may add one other task to my list if I find the insecticidal soap. We are getting a few small flies in the house and I think they are from the plants I brought in last fall to over winter. I may just give them a good spray again once I find the darn bottle.

Supper tonight is going to be the Chickpea Curry I made and froze. Serving it over rice with the leftover salad as a side. I do have a slightly bad feeling about this dish. Hubby did not like the other chickpea recipe I made so I am leery about this one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Today I am grateful that Hubby is at least willing to try something new and finish at least one meal of said food.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I started a thread for today because I didn't see this one. I hope Jackie can delete it.

I worked on Election materials (ballots) for the MEA for over 4 hours last night. I opted to stay at the Fairfield a mile down the street instead of driving home because we meet again at 10 am to continue the work and have a meeting. It is 70 miles round trip and even though they pay my mileage I'd rather make the night be a mini break in my life. DH is dong well enough to stay home alone and I think he is sick of me hovering around. I called him last night and he says he thinks I need to see other people. I'm working with colleagues from around the state that I've known for 20 years. It is good to see people. The breakfast was tasty, the pool beckons. I don't have a meeting for an hour and a half. I'm taking a quick dip.

Have a great day, everyone.

Julie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:27 am I started a thread for today because I didn't see this one. I hope Jackie can delete it.

I worked on Election materials (ballots) for the MEA for over 4 hours last night. I opted to stay at the Fairfield a mile down the street instead of driving home because we meet again at 10 am to continue the work and have a meeting. It is 70 miles round trip and even though they pay my mileage I'd rather make the night be a mini break in my life. DH is dong well enough to stay home alone and I think he is sick of me hovering around. I called him last night and he says he thinks I need to see other people. I'm working with colleagues from around the state that I've known for 20 years. It is good to see people. The breakfast was tasty, the pool beckons. I don't have a meeting for an hour and a half. I'm taking a quick dip.

Have a great day, everyone.

Julie
Just moved the post into this one Julie.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/