Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Woke up to more than an inch of snow.... :( , today was our girls day out thrifting we had a blast ! Getting there was interesting, On one of the highways heading onto an overpass we saw 5 vehicles that has slid off, one was a pick up truck straddling a ravine. I told my DD I bet the driver streaked his bitches! trees on both sides of the truck, how did they get out and the ravine was deep. Scary to see but we just took our time and did fine.
It has been very cold today and snowed and blowed all day. I found everything on my list and everything is unloaded and either in the dishwasher or the washer.

I found at set of blue faience canisters from France, complete set and I have wanted some for years, in a Church thrift store that I had a punch card for and they were 30% off so got all of the for 16.80. No chips or cracks, I am thrilled! Ate at a Mexican restaurant and had fish taco's , chips and salsa....made my day!

I am tired and have had a great day, changed into jammy pants and will soon suit up and pen up my chickens, bath and will call it a night....better weather coming next week. Yee Haw!

JCKitty
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good evening beautiful people,

MJ I am so happy that you found another dog sitting job and in such pleasant surroundings to boot! And how great that you can access some affordable food. I could never find buns for that price here. I sure hope Owned finds her lost dog soon. That would be so hard!

We had yet another large amount of snow cleared today and more is expected for tomorrow. But at least it will be wonderful conditions for snowshoeing and skiing next week!

It was a no drive, no spend day for me. Finished all the laundry and quite a few extra house tasks. Dead tired so I will call it a night!

Have a wonderful sleep, everyone!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, that was an eventful day. Your find on the canisters is awesome!

I am sure the guy in the truck thought his number was up. He got very lucky.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm HappyDaze, you mentioned your sister had a penchant for gambling, and binge eating hits the same reward center in the brain. The girl has some issues. I am glad, though, that you had a nice visit with your folks.

Although it's cold, I had to wash the dogs. They were truly stinky and Goldie has a vet visit tomorrow. I went as fast as possible and bundled them up in towels so they dried quickly. Rosie actually likes her bath once we get going: I use the sprayer and very warm water to give her hips and shoulders a long massage to ease her arthritis. She got a dose of CBD oil as soon as we were done and I heated up their food, so they are both snoozing, warm inside and out.

Then I had a hot shower and bundled up in warm clothes. Decided not to make pizza tonight but got the breadmaker going on a loaf of honey wheat bread. The recipe called for two tablespoons of wheat cereal, which I don't have, so subbed an equal amount of golden ground flaxseed. It should be good.

An egg sandwich is sounding good for supper. I think the guys sneaked out and ate at Sonic already.
Mackie, that is so interesting, I didn't know. Yes, she loves her gambling - just like my dad and my aunt - lottery tickets, bingo, the slots, you name it. I feel lucky I went to the opposite extreme - I won't even buy a raffle ticket for a good cause at work - it's still gambling.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz