Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in March 18, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Yesterday evening, I deep cleaned my stove/range. I pulled it out to sweep behind it. I cleaned the burner pans as well as the burner coils. (Older-style electric). I even soaked 2 of the burners in a large zip lock with ammonia overnight. Felt good.

I have been to the grocery and put them away. Tonight I am meeting my support/social group for dinner. Plenty I can do, Clean/declutter my laundry area, work on my quilt, do some studying... But I think I will visit Mom and Dad's. I did not see them last weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is still drizzling and chilly here. Will barely be in the 50s today. We slept well last night. The pups did have to go out early - 6am, but we went back to bed until 9!

Started getting texts from family, so decided to get up and get some coffee. Think I will make pancakes for breakfast today.

It will be a soup eating this evening. Not that I made it - but Progresso is on the menu!

I'm going to try to do my taxes this weekend. It should only take a few minutes, but I am setting the whole weekend aside for it - so no house chores allowed! :mrgreen:

Owned still praying for your pup.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, you just reminded me that the bottom of the oven needs cleaning due to a bacon grease spill.

It's a bright, windy, cold morning here. We forgot to turn the gas fire on this morning and the house was quite chilly when I got up. Wearing my fluffy robe and wrapped in a blanket while having coffee at the moment.

DH is trying to replace some smoke detectors this morning and being frustrated because the ones he bought don't snap onto their own bases. We both have hand problems, but his are still reasonably strong, so it's not us.

Today I have Saturday chores to do and must think about something for supper. I might make us pizzas again. The bread machine makes excellent dough in a hour and there's shredded cheese in the freezer to be used up.

May today be a day of peace.
Mackie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am Good Morning friends,

Yesterday evening, I deep cleaned my stove/range. I pulled it out to sweep behind it. I cleaned the burner pans as well as the burner coils. (Older-style electric). I even soaked 2 of the burners in a large zip lock with ammonia overnight. Felt good.

I have been to the grocery and put them away. Tonight I am meeting my support/social group for dinner. Plenty I can do, Clean/declutter my laundry area, work on my quilt, do some studying... But I think I will visit Mom and Dad's. I did not see them last weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie,
Can you give me a quick how to on taking off the coils & grates on an older electric stove.
This is my first electric and it could use a good cleaning.
Thankyou!!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The scalloped potatoes are assembled and ready to go into the oven when the time comes. I tasted the sauce right before adding the ham - it is very good. I got a can of 3-bean salad to be a side dish - I think my parents will enjoy that.

For 2 weeks of groceries, I am spending about what I was spending in a month only 2 or 3 years ago. I did manage to get some good marked down produce today - that means more cooking here this weekend but that's okay.

It is spitting snow and we have some intermittent sunshine. Could be worse.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept late for me this morning. my daughter came over this morning, she brought me an Egg McMuffin meal for breakfast.

After breakfast she fixed the shower curtain hook. She also took with her the cake taker, a towel with a bird on it. And some German wooden tinies for her boyfriend.

The pie stacker will go into the giveaway bin. I keep filling it. But it is filling slower than before.

I have several pot holders to make, but first I need tackle the dishes.

I showed her a charm bracelet that Granny had made for my great grandmother for her 90th birthday. She was impressed. It was not gold but better quality gold color than today. She thinks my granddaughter should have it, but not until she has a place to keep family mementos. There are 7 charms a large heart with Delle, her daughter on one side my mom and uncles on the other and a charm for each of the great grands hearts for girls and squares for the boys.

Penny