Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by snowangel729 »

Well today was busy. Got up around 10 and made a cup of coffee and heated up the egg muffins I had in the fridge. Woke DH up at 11 to get ready to meet a childhood friend for lunch. During that time DS2 woke up, I fed him, and we played until DS1 came home from church. DS1 played video games while took care of DS2.

I started the 2nd round of plants for our garden, made cornbread for tomorrow, made DS1 some blueberry muffins and cupcakes. Made baked potatoes with salad for dinner. Fed the animals, sweat the floors and have entertained DS2. DS1 is currently playing catch and practicing for baseball with DH.

Next is getting both DSs ready for bath and bed. Once they both go to sleep I can get some rest. Fingers crossed they both go down easy.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:42 pm Other thank a quick change for going to the store, it has been a total pajama day. I watched a movie, did some crossword puzzles and just relaxed. Supper was pasta with tomato sauce and a side of broccoli. It has been kind of a boring day - but not in a bad way.

I'm going to put clean dishes away, run the vacuum and take a shower - head to bed early.
Has also basically been a pajama day for me also. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. Sky is so blue. Still chilly though. And wow - noticed that my pecan trees are putting out leaves. Last year was not a good pecan year. Maybe this year will be.

I've been watching Law and Order SUV - scary stuff the things that go on.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have sewed 8 potholders, I noticed that 4 of them needed some additional seam adjustment as the fabric was too close to the edge, or the edge got caught in the seam. So I fixed that.

Then my thread jammed inside the machine. It is out of warranty, so I took it apart to clear the jam. Plus I oiled all moving parts. It works much better now.

I have named the machine Fussy. As it constantly acts up.

Penny.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Our homemade pizzas came out great. The bread machine makes really good dough and while it's doing the work, I get the toppings all made and the pans prepped. Also had time to make chocolate pudding for our dessert.

Having pizza at home is about 80% cheaper than eating out and way less aggravation. And we have leftovers!

Penny, that is a cute and apt name for your machine. Some of them are so tempermental.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by MackerelCat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Our homemade pizzas came out great. The bread machine makes really good dough and while it's doing the work, I get the toppings all made and the pans prepped. Also had time to make chocolate pudding for our dessert.

Having pizza at home is about 80% cheaper than eating out and way less aggravation. And we have leftovers!

Penny, that is a cute and apt name for your machine. Some of them are so tempermental.
Mackie
My Singer Featherweight does most of my sewing very easily and with no fuss. But it is not a heavyweight sewing machine. After all it is about half the size of other machines of its era.

I do most of my light weight sewing on that. Esp., the very tiny things. As Fussy doesn't have a straight stitch plate.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My soup was okay, but Ill be adding some low sodium v8 each time I heat up and it is so much better with stew beef than hamburger that I will only do that from now on. Glad I made a single batch with one pound and saved the other pound for chili