Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:41 pm I have sewed 8 potholders, I noticed that 4 of them needed some additional seam adjustment as the fabric was too close to the edge, or the edge got caught in the seam. So I fixed that.

Then my thread jammed inside the machine. It is out of warranty, so I took it apart to clear the jam. Plus I oiled all moving parts. It works much better now.

I have named the machine Fussy. As it constantly acts up.

Penny.
I think I have your sewing machine's sister! Always a problem.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by ChristmasTrees » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:22 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:41 pm
I have sewed 8 potholders, I noticed that 4 of them needed some additional seam adjustment as the fabric was too close to the edge, or the edge got caught in the seam. So I fixed that.

Then my thread jammed inside the machine. It is out of warranty, so I took it apart to clear the jam. Plus I oiled all moving parts. It works much better now.

I have named the machine Fussy. As it constantly acts up.

Penny.
I think I have your sewing machine's sister! Always a problem.
My sewing machine is the Singer HD 4432. When it works it is a good machine but I shouldn't need to take it apart to clear a thread jam inside the top of the machine along the thread path.

Penny