Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Going to have to google about the catholic service for today.

And yes Owned - still sending prayers for your girl.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I too am unhappy about March Madness, lol. The bracket has died a slow death for me. UVA , Purdue, and so many more.

For those with Kroger store affiliates, I know the adds are different, but my store will have butter for 2.99 and bone in thighs for 1.29, both buy it prices for me, so I will be doing that Wdnesday.

Today they have 33 off EAster candy which is a kiler deal, the question is whether I am venturing out in the weather, lol.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Quilter, thank you so much for the heads up on Kroger and its affilates....I will check online here in a minute because we use real butter and I am down to my last 2 pounds.
I also have to make lists or I just flounder around. I have the best of intentions, time just gets away from me. I hate surprises of any kind and always need a plan. :roll:

I slept in late... it was wonderful. :lol: Watched my morning shows, animals cared for and I have filled my new to me canisters. I LOVE them!!!!!
Made some buttermilk biscuits.....out of buttermilk now, Clem, you could have whipped up some sour milk and soda biscuits with your curdled milk....or not. LOL

I have also been doing some cleaning, around the woodstove, vacuumed the floors and ran the floor cleaner.
It is nice bright sunny today but still very cold. We are supposed to start warming up tomorrow. I sure hope so.
Need to make my to-do lists and possibly grocery list, I know I don't need much but might do some cherry picking.
I got my sea glass windchimes, they are wonderful. I have had good luck here lately with online shopping. Nothing to return and the quality has been great.
I am on the hunt for some good solar lights for a project I have in mind.

JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres demi toute le monde!

I was up late last night. At a tiny bit before 7:00 pm the power blinked out for about 10 seconds. I had to reset the Cable and WiFi. The WiFi came back but not the TV. No TV during March Madness? That's Crazy! So I was on the phone with them for a bit over an hour. We reset the cable box, which took 20 minutes and still
couldn't get anything so he passed me off to someone who is sending me a new cable receiver. I unplugged everything overnight to see if it would reset without power for a long time. This morning, I had cable but my remote wasn't working. I called in and the woman had it all programmed and ready to go in 5 minutes! I am now watching Pitt agains Xavier. Xavier has lead the entire time.

I just had my two hot dogs for lunch and am going to make some potato gems to go along with them for my lunch. Supper tonight will be Spanish rice and possibly a pork chop or a brat.

If you all knew how bad my kitchen organization had become, you'd understand why I am still working on it. I figure to hopefully have everything put away in the kitchen or the "pantry" I made for myself in the storage room. I'll be wiping out some cupboards today and letting them dry well.

The sun is out and shining nicely. I haven't checked on the temperature. We did have more wind yesterday but I think this week is supposed to be not bad. Temperature wise it is to be good too. We are still below seasonal normals but it hasn't been ghastly.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That is funny about Felix the Adventure Cat, HappyDaze. :-D

I have been puttering. DS had me sew up a hole in his sweatpants and, while the sewing stuff was out, I finally took up the really nice pajama set that had become way too loose. It had a serious case of clown pants crotch going on and if I made a sharp turn, the whole outfit kept on going, like one of those 1960s dance dresses.

My plan had been to be wild and crazy and buy a smaller pair, but Macy's no longer offers them in 100% cotton. Alterations ahoy!

We are under a daytime freeze warning today. My feet feel like blocks of ice. Supposedly there's one more day of freezing weather and things starts to warm up right on time for spring.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LOL - The curdled milk is still in the fridge. LOL

I'm going to have to go back to buying much smaller containers.

It was gross when I poured the coffee down the drain. I smelled the milk before I used it, and seemed okay. But when I poured it into the hot coffee - very little change of color to it. So I knew it was bad.

Going down the drain, at the bottom of the cup were all the curds or curdles or whatever they are called - the gross stuff. Yuck!