Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:57 am Good morning all

Up early again - well early for me. I slept pretty good last night, so not sleepy at all. Sparrow had to go out so they all went. They are all asleep.

Ugh - tried to make coffee and when I poured the milk - it was bad. All curdled - yukky way to start the day.

Other than that, looks like it will be a very nice day. Rain has stopped and the sun is breaking through the clouds.

Again I didn't know what day it was. Could have sworn it was Monday. My days are all off. Thinking will have bacon and eggs for breakfast!

Have a great day all.
Sparrow is such a pretty name. What kind of pup is Sparrow (if you don't ind sharing)? I love to read the details about everyone's pets.

Saw an 8 week old bulldog puppy in the grocery yesterday morning. She had just come from the Vet and they had her all wrapped up in a baby blanket. I forget my manners when I see a dog!! I was like "what kind of dog", "can I pet it", "how old is it", "where'd you get it", "can I pet it again"...the people were very sweet though and appreciated my adoration of their puppy.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:04 am A very quiet morning here.

The shower curtain hook opened again. Because it was upside down.

I have gotten lots of wonderful comments on my Tiny Beverly.

I plan on cooking a pork rib eye roast today. I hope I get lots of dinners from this roast.

I am so glad that I have 3 sizes of roasting pans.

My trial pot holder came out great. Now to sew the rest. There are 8 more to go.

Penny
Penny, I noticed two of my shower curtain hooks upside down and open after my daughter took a shower. They are top heavy due to being beaded and I can see how it happens.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:23 am Sparrow is such a pretty name. What kind of pup is Sparrow (if you don't ind sharing)? I love to read the details about everyone's pets.

Saw an 8 week old bulldog puppy in the grocery yesterday morning. She had just come from the Vet and they had her all wrapped up in a baby blanket. I forget my manners when I see a dog!! I was like "what kind of dog", "can I pet it", "how old is it", "where'd you get it", "can I pet it again"...the people were very sweet though and appreciated my adoration of their puppy.
Not really sure what kind of pup he is. He is like a mini version of a heeler. Same type of ears, sturdy body, but his fur is white with a few patches of brown. His name is Sammy, then I would call him Silent Pup since he never makes a sound. Then one day I just called him Sparrow and he came running!

The COD showed up with him a little over a year ago. I'll have to take a pic of him and post it.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 am Not really sure what kind of pup he is. He is like a mini version of a heeler. Same type of ears, sturdy body, but his fur is white with a few patches of brown. His name is Sammy, then I would call him Silent Pup since he never makes a sound. Then one day I just called him Sparrow and he came running!

The COD showed up with him a little over a year ago. I'll have to take a pic of him and post it.
Oh he sounds like the sweetest boy! He is lucky to have landed with you and the COD.

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It's still below freezing here, but the sun is out and the grass is very green this morning. Whatever mix of grasses and wildflowers we have back there loves cool, damp weather.

I had two pumpkin bran muffins with some blackberry jelly for breakfast. More carbs, but so good. I accidentally put too little sugar in the muffins when making them, so the jelly takes care of the lack of sweetness. And some pecan pie flavored coffee from Ollie's Outlet -- yum!

The cats are having their morning punch-up and throw-down. They toss each other around like bean bags and then run around like crazy. The old man cat usually marches around yelling for a rematch for a while. It's quite funny. :-D

Aside from Sunday chores, making pizza tonight, and finishing the grocery list, there's not much I have to do today.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Morning, all. We're all in first gear around here, lol. I'm still in jammies/robe. I have a zoom starting at 11, so I'll need to get dressed before then. Even though I don't show up on the screen, I still prefer to be dressed with hair not sticking out every which-a-way.

I think the City of Memphis is in mourning over our loss Friday night. People (including me) thought this could actually be the year. And all the seniors on the team...it's especially heartbreaking for them. It's probably just as well I have a break from sports for awhile; I need time to heal my heart, lol.

I'm fighting not one, but two, fever blisters. I get them fairly often. I started taking Valcyclovir tablets last night. If I catch them soon enough, they don't even 'erupt,' they just go away. I don't know if I caught these early enough though. Hope so.

Not a lot I have to do today. I do have a big package of chicken thighs I got in the Walmart order the other day. I think I'll roast four and put the rest in the freezer. Depending on the size, that will give me at least two meals for us, plus maybe enough for chicken salad. I also want to fix a chicken pot pie soon, but I have shredded chicken in the freezer for that. I've always thought thighs had more flavor than breasts, so I usually sub them out of any recipe I use, with good results.

We've got really cold temperatures here. At 10:30am it's still below freezing. The sun is out though, which helps. Hope you all are warm and dry. Have a good day.
Patty