Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by LWolfT »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:20 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I need to make a pillow to take with me really soon. We will also be sitting for almost that long tomorrow at the funeral. Two days of hard pew sitting just might do me in. Father has told me numerous times to bring a pillow.....

Yes, pillows! I can't sit on a hard surface anymore, so I've had to make a couple. I keep one in the car for when we go somewhere. (Had a couple of times that I've needed it even with a padded chair.) I still haven't figured out how to deal with bleachers, though.
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

We’re all dug out from the snow. We had two back to back storms and it resulted in a fairly heavy build up. I didn’t go out at all yesterday and I doubt that I will drive anywhere today as I decided to attend church online. I’m sure the main arteries are almost clear now and our residential street has also been ploughed. Postal service even was canceled last Friday. That sure doesn’t happen very often.

Kept myself busy this morning washing out the spice cupboard and the tea and coffee cupboard were on the top shelf we keep vinegars and oils not used that frequently. Refilled some of my spice jars with bulk spice replacement. Didn’t find anything needing to be tossed this time.

I also cut up some fresh fruit and some celery stalks that I put in a measuring cup for grab and go snacks. Also good for smoothies.

Got caught up on some correspondence and reading so it’s been quite a relaxing day.

Nothing on my agenda this afternoon except a walk with Dd2.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:47 am Yes, pillows! I can't sit on a hard surface anymore, so I've had to make a couple. I keep one in the car for when we go somewhere. (Had a couple of times that I've needed it even with a padded chair.) I still haven't figured out how to deal with bleachers, though.
Pillows are a great idea for that. When I went to my Amish mother-in-law's funeral in 2011, it was 3 hours on a hard bench with no back on it. A pillow would have been wonderful!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Mister Felix has been up to some mischief this morning. When DD and her SO took their dog out, he sneeked out of their part of the house right behind them but they didn't know it. Meanwhile, I went to the store. We all got back around the same time, coming in different doors.

At the same time they discovered Felix was missing, I discovered him on my kitchen counter, nose to nose with Hope who was wagging her tail and whining for the cat to come on down and play. We all gathered in the kitchen and Felix did get down and all was well.

Luckily, Hope doesn't dislike cats - she just doesn't know how to be gentle. Sadly, Felix wants nothing to do with me - DD and her SO are "his people" and he only wants them. That's okay - he has someone to love and care for him, that is the important thing.

Also nice to know that if Felix does get out and gets to my dogs, nothing bad will happen.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I love hearing all the pet stories!
Spring cleaning here like a maniac. This happens to me every year. The first little warm up in the weather and I am off! I go through every single closet..drawer..cabinet... Dh just smiles and backs out of my way.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

What a day. Glad to hear most of your pets are doing well and praying for Owned to get her pups back.

So glad I have not
bought plants or put mine out because we are having a final nighttime freeze here.

For us Catholics and Episcopalians this is one of those longer days. Pretty sre the gospel reading is close to fifty verses. I sit in church because standing in one place (as opposed to moving and walking) is excruciating but because of the cold (cold for me) I will be streaming the service later. I should take a pillow for my back, my butt is usually okay.

I have been feeling at lose ends and out of whack for a week or so, so I am taking today and tomorrow as a reset. Little things like spending all my time trying to decide what to sew instead of sewing, not getting morning things done so my day is free to do the fun things, falling down on the exercise front and so on. While I am not a list maker or organizer type, I am going to be making nothing but lists for the next day or so, so that they can be checked off and then try and get myself back into some kind of routine, lol. I am mainly an even keel and laid back person but every so often and rarely I go through about of minor depression or anxiety and I think that is where I am so time to jump out of it.

I am not planning to leave my house, but someone is giving away some fabric on my buy nothing group and if she cannot wait for tomorrow to have it be picked up I wll do so this afternoon when I think its warm enough to bundle and go out.

Im about to have a banana nut muffin and some fruit (I always have a proein cookie or shake right when I get up with my caffeine) and throw dinner in the slow cooker. Hamburger vegetable soup which should make a bunch of meals and I can freeze some. I got two one pound rolls of ground beef and am trying to decide whether one should be chili and one soup or just do a really big batch. Chili also sounds good and I have cornbread to make up, so probably the latter. I may or may not make cake mix cookies and throw sprinkles in.

At least it is sunny, and as I sit here I can wach the birds and neighbors walking their dogs and he day happening. Back later.