Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in March 19, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:50 pm I too am unhappy about March Madness, lol. The bracket has died a slow death for me. UVA , Purdue, and so many more.

For those with Kroger store affiliates, I know the adds are different, but my store will have butter for 2.99 and bone in thighs for 1.29, both buy it prices for me, so I will be doing that Wdnesday.

Today they have 33 off EAster candy which is a kiler deal, the question is whether I am venturing out in the weather, lol.
Weird - we have no "real" Kroger stores here in San Antonio. HEB basically ran them out. But - they now have a distribution center and you can order and they will deliver. I have seen the van drive by here a couple times a week. Very tempting.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

When Kroger and Albertons were both in San Antonio, I was taking a business communications class.

One of our assignments was to take the list our professor had given us to 3 different grocery stores. We "worked" for store chain 4. Write up a comparison of the different prices.

I believe there were 20 items on the list. If we used store brand on one we had to compare with store brand of all three.

When I finished my report I discovered that H-E-B's regular prices were often lower then the sale price at the other stores. All 3 supermarkets were within 3 blocks of the other.

There were items on the list that I never purchased. So I was not familar with any of those prices before hand.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Unfortunately in my neck of the woods we have no HEB, yes, even in Texas, lol

I have Kroger, Albertsons, Aldi and Walmart (and Winco which I simply do not have the patience to walk through). I look at the eds each week and whichever store has the best loss leaders that week is where I go
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:58 pm When Kroger and Albertons were both in San Antonio, I was taking a business communications class.

One of our assignments was to take the list our professor had given us to 3 different grocery stores. We "worked" for store chain 4. Write up a comparison of the different prices.

I believe there were 20 items on the list. If we used store brand on one we had to compare with store brand of all three.

When I finished my report I discovered that H-E-B's regular prices were often lower then the sale price at the other stores. All 3 supermarkets were within 3 blocks of the other.

There were items on the list that I never purchased. So I was not familar with any of those prices before hand.

Penny
When I lived in the city - just down the street, there was an HEB and across from them was a Kroger. I would hit up both as needed.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update
Well my sweater is finished and turns out I could have gone down at least one size. Still it will be nice and warm come next winter or if our weather does not warm up soon. It is really long as well and I could probably make a smaller size and add some inches and have a knitted dress. May have to give that a try next time.

I decided to use up the leftover rice from the Chickpea Curry meal last night and roast the remaining cauliflower, broccoli, and a handful or two of grape tomatoes for our veggie.

Hubby bottled one of the wines he had cooking and boy is it good. There was one glass extra in the bottom of a bottle so he told me to try it. I think it will make a lovely summertime wine for sitting on the deck in the evening.

Tonight I will cast on the first set of mittens to use up some of the yarn from my sweater. Hopefully I can find the pattern I use in the many pages of patterns I have stashed in the bookcase.

I decided to leave the laundry until tomorrow, we really don't have much and I should be able to get it done in the morning as well as the baking of bread (can get that started first thing in the morning), we have enough for lunch for tomorrow so leaving it is no problem. Also I got all the extra cleaning tasks done this month already so don't have to worry about those.

Off to get those veggies ready to roast and set the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Other thank a quick change for going to the store, it has been a total pajama day. I watched a movie, did some crossword puzzles and just relaxed. Supper was pasta with tomato sauce and a side of broccoli. It has been kind of a boring day - but not in a bad way.

I'm going to put clean dishes away, run the vacuum and take a shower - head to bed early.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz