Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm Back from Goldie Dog's trip to the vet. She had her shots and check up and has been prescribed something for the intense grief she is suffering since Lily Dog died. Poor litle pup is worn out from the experience.

Oh, the poor baby ...

It's 50, sunny and still cold. Slept OK, but still feeling washed out for some reason. Anyway, more work on taxes, got in some other work and a load of laundry.

DH and I also made appointments with a new dentist. Ours sold his practice ... not a surprise, since he wasn't in good health. I go on Wednesday, so we'll see how it works out. At least he's a younger fellow, so hopefully he won't be retiring soon.

We ended up going out to Cracker Barrell and caught the lunch special, so I now have leftovers for lunch.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I feel like I have stayed busy all day long and am taking a break....actually if I don't get the pansies planted today I am not going to worry about it. I can do them tomorrow. We aren't supposed to get rain tomorrow until evening.

I have everything for shrimp tacos, making them tomorrow, need to make the secret sauce and let it meld in the fridge but that is no biggie.

I need to run the duster tomorrow, plant pansies and will probably run the vacuum. The kids requested more of the sweet fire pickles, of course it was after I have been to the store :roll: I told them IF I have to go back to town anytime this week I will pick some up and make them but....they need to let me know ahead of time. I will write down the recipe and method and send it with the completed pickles.

Off to find something to eat, no worries plenty to choose from. Something many people in this world cannot say,

JCKitty
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:27 pm Snowangel, I am sorry you got such a frustrating directive. (((Hugs))) Bless you for wanting to do the best for your patients.

What used to help me in difficult jobs was to sit down at home and make a pros/cons list. Sometimes it was simple and sometimes it could get quite detailed and lead me to thinking about what factors were within my control and how I should I adapt if necessary. Just having written a road map for myself seemed to help a lot.

Thank you. Some days are really hard and I want to do what's best for my clients
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, I hope the new dentist works out great. Kitty, everything you cook sounds amazing!

Much to my surprise, DH loved the pineapple chicken. It is really spicy, so next time I need to make a few pieces less fiery for myself.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I wonder if there will be protests tomorrow when you know who has to go to court.

Not sure what time. Anyone know?
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

casadekitty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 pm Update:

I feel like I have stayed busy all day long and am taking a break....actually if I don't get the pansies planted today I am not going to worry about it. I can do them tomorrow. We aren't supposed to get rain tomorrow until evening.

I have everything for shrimp tacos, making them tomorrow, need to make the secret sauce and let it meld in the fridge but that is no biggie.

I need to run the duster tomorrow, plant pansies and will probably run the vacuum. The kids requested more of the sweet fire pickles, of course it was after I have been to the store :roll: I told them IF I have to go back to town anytime this week I will pick some up and make them but....they need to let me know ahead of time. I will write down the recipe and method and send it with the completed pickles.

Off to find something to eat, no worries plenty to choose from. Something many people in this world cannot say,

JCKitty

KItty,

Please would you post the recipe for your Sweet Fire Pickles for us? They sound interesting and good. I like that!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.