Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning yall!

Check in from work. Today was frustrating, I was told I can never stop taking clients so either refer out or send to groups. This is discouraging due to wanting to do better for my clients. Tossing some ideas around in my head such as opening my own counseling office or going back to private practice.

Other than stress at work everything is okay. Started some dry beans in the crockpot for tonight. Planning to go straight home after work.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

snowangel729 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:50 am Morning yall!

Check in from work. Today was frustrating, I was told I can never stop taking clients so either refer out or send to groups. This is discouraging due to wanting to do better for my clients. Tossing some ideas around in my head such as opening my own counseling office or going back to private practice.

Other than stress at work everything is okay. Started some dry beans in the crockpot for tonight. Planning to go straight home after work.
Snowangel, I am sorry you got such a frustrating directive. (((Hugs))) Bless you for wanting to do the best for your patients.

What used to help me in difficult jobs was to sit down at home and make a pros/cons list. Sometimes it was simple and sometimes it could get quite detailed and lead me to thinking about what factors were within my control and how I should I adapt if necessary. Just having written a road map for myself seemed to help a lot.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all

Jackie I have also been experiencing some depression and especially anxiety which is not normal for me in any way. Some of it is financial due to the issues that have not been rectified but some of it is the world at large. and I am trying to direct myself and get rid of that. If it gets bad I will take one of the place trip xanax and ask for more but so far I am not at that level.

I did get up and get dressed and pick up and so on and then do my twenty five minute aerobic time in the chair plus twenty minutes of arm strength. I just need to get 3000 weight bearing steps throughout the day. I've also done a good hour at money earning and am now gonna leave the laptop with the tabs open for various surveys and work on sewing for myself and various markets.

Its fifty two degrees outside but I am freezing in here. Possibly because my foot was sore and I moved to my SAS sandals instead of socks and asics but I am much more comfy.

I had planned to make a chicken and stuffing slow cooker casserone, but nothing has yet been done so I guess I am having day two of the hamburger soup which I did leave out, and breakfast for lunch.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I did sleep very nicely for me anyway. I do have achy bones today though. I took some of the prescription Naproxen and it has helped a wee bit. I've been under my electric blanket for the morning and thatI has helped more than the Naproxen!

I have devised a better plan to tackle my kitchen. At least I think it is! I hope it works! I am putting items in the reusable grocery bags and moving them into the living room while I wash shelves and what not. Then? Just like unloading from grocery shopping, I will take each bag and unload the items back into the cupboards or into the pantry. If I can get everything that is out bagged up today, I hope to run the mop over the floor too. I also have the dishwasher to unload. Mind you, it is only half a rack so this works better for this person who hates to do it!

My two favorite musicians are James Taylor and John Mayer. John Mayer is on tour right now with a Solo Tour. Quite a few of my friends have been made through the John Mayer group. One of my friends went to the Boston show last week and sent me a video of the entire show. I am going to turn that on this afternoon while working in the kitchen. I'm sure singing along to Johnny will make things seem easier.

I'm not going to be making yogurt this week. I do like to eat it naked without fixings in it, but for my breakfast it HAS to have Sheila's Crockpot Granola on it! I highly encourage anyone who hasn't made Sheila's granola to do so! It is SO GOOD! Next time I go out for groceries (which isn't needed for a week or plus), I will be getting the ingredients to make it again. I really like making it with Sliced almonds and dried cranberries. I think I'll make three or four batches. One my "usual" and one with raisins and pecan crumbs. Then I can have variety although it's good enough that it really isn't needed. I'm just going to spoil myself.

I have a new 10 Kg bag of flour to put into my big plastic storage container. I'll get that done today too. Not a big dealio.

Yes, the news and all has been particularly distressing since 2015 (at least that's my timeline), I have "alleviated" the bad news. Instead of the news I now watch recorded murder mystery shows! LOL Where else can you see a problem and it is solved in an hour? I like the Law & Order shows and Dateline and some shows on A&E. The news I get by reading it instead of watching it so much anymore.

I hope things look brighter to folks here. I'm thinking of Owned and her getting back Cindy. Also for all the people that haven't been healthy of late, including DHs.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Slept good, and slept in. I was just so tired. I brought out all of the Easter Decor yesterday afternoon....sorted it and placed what I wanted to use. I had forgotten just how much I have :roll: but I just love it. I am not using my Beatrix Potter stuff this year, but am marking the tote to use next year.

Ran the errands and found bread products with mark downs at Aldi's, cheaper than I could make them. I also got some mild Italian sausage on the markdown.

Stopped into Big Lots for a certain size of light bulbs and looked around...wow their prices have gone up so much. Got a box of Krustez cranberry orange muffin mix. The only place I can find it and I dearly love them.

It is sunny and cool but much better than the weekend temps.
Came home and made some chicken salad to go with the croissants that I got off the mark down rack.
Hauled in wood as we have rainy weather predicted for the next several days. :(
Chicken carcass simmering on the woodstove.
Quilter, I always make my veg soup with either stewing beef or a cheap small roast. My mom used to use ground beef once in a while but I swear it doesn't taste the same anymore.
Off to get some laundry from Machine to hang to dry.
JCKitty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone!

It has been a busy weekend. I've been away attending meetings for the Maine Education Association and I treat it like a mini vacation, the bonus is it is paid for by the MEA. I do an awful lot of work from Friday afternoon until I leave on Saturday afternoon, but the get away was nice. I hadn't realized how much I've been waiting on DH since he slipped on the ice. Meals were served to me, no clean up, no cleaning, colleagues to visit with, swim in the pool, use a new fitness center, and take a break.

DH is doing much better. It will be months until he is really recovered, maybe a year. But, he can walk around with his leg brace. He is outside flying his drone right now. I don' know when he will be mobile enough to drive, but he and DSIL are already planning fishing trips for this summer. He can sit on a boat and fish. I will be floating and sunning on the beach.

I have a meeting with DKG this afternoon. I'm prepped and ready for the meeting. I don't really know if I like being president or not. It is a two year term and I'm a little more than halfway through the first year. I feel as if I have a LOT to learn about the organization. Delta Kappa Gamma is an association of women educators that support women educators and students through activities, volunteerism and mentoring. It is a good international organization that was formed in the 1930's and has a role, but it really seems to stress formal traditions, pomp and circumstance and I'm just not into that stuff too much. I wear jeans to the meetings...

I have cleaned the chandeliers, picked up clutter and cleaned bathrooms today. Not sure what else, but it seems as if I am always busy.

Take care everyone,
Julie