Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative2

Re: Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Today is my full day of outdoor play! Dh and I went snowshoeing in the morning, came home for a quick lunch and then Photography Club this afternoon. Both activities put me in my happy place. Beautiful day with lots of sunshine and the river is ever so slowly melting with a few open areas of running water.

I’m glad dinner will be simple tonight with leftover beef steaks for Dh and Dd2 and leftover broccoli-roasted red pepper soup for myself. I have to think about a carb and side veggies. I think I will make some multi coloured baby potatoes. That’s nice and easy.

No money spent aside from my trail pass. Keeping busy is helpful in that regard.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Free ice cream cones at the Dairy Queen today - first day of spring.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Back from Goldie Dog's trip to the vet. She had her shots and check up and has been prescribed something for the intense grief she is suffering since Lily Dog died. Poor litle pup is worn out from the experience.

I put the pineapple chicken in the oven to cook. DH may not like it, so we'll see how it goes.

Grocery shopping can wait until tomorrow, as we are not out of anything and my worst knee is unhappy today.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Spent money today - ordered online

The COD hadn't been able to get wee-wee pads at Sams. He went to several. Or so he said. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I ordered some from Wal-Mart. And turns out we (the pets and I) really like them. I thought they might not work since they are not as thick as the other ones, but darn they sure do work. And the boxes are so much smaller. So I ordered more today.

And my favorite EOS lip balm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm Back from Goldie Dog's trip to the vet. She had her shots and check up and has been prescribed something for the intense grief she is suffering since Lily Dog died. Poor litle pup is worn out from the experience.

I put the pineapple chicken in the oven to cook. DH may not like it, so we'll see how it goes.

Grocery shopping can wait until tomorrow, as we are not out of anything and my worst knee is unhappy today.
OMG - that is so sad.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I will have to check out those wee-wee pads.

The vet thinks this stuff will help her. If not, there are a few other things we can try. Usually pets grieve the loss of a bonded partner for two to six months, so we have to get her past the worst part.
Mackie