Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all and a happy 1st day of Spring.

Today will be sunny with the temp going up to high 40s and maybe 50.

I have my Monday Morning chat and my Coloring today which is the last one until April 10th.

Nothing else is new. I'll eat a portion of my leftover corned beef with two vegetable sides for dinner.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 20, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit cooler than yesterday, but still pretty decent. I will do a bit of a walk once I get a few things completed, I do think that a few will be moved to tomorrow and Wednesday. It is a busy week what with appointments, and the funeral.

Talked to youngest and he said we are more than welcome to stay at his place. We are not to feel like we are unwelcome. His plants downstairs are growing by leaps and bounds, he has lots of flowers (which he hand pollenates) on his tomato and lots of peppers have already formed. Now he is growing more eggplant (some for us), watermelon, cucumbers and lettuce. I believe he has even started some flowers down there. Boy has a green thumb for sure.

I know I will be talking to both DS's after I get my results this week, so I put off phoning oldest son until then.

My household task list is the same as every Monday, so I will not bore you all with my repetition of it. I think I am in a bit of a rut, and also slightly depressed. The world is becoming a place that I hardly know anymore and I need to make my way through some uncharted territory almost as if I am treading through a deep jungle where things entangle you easily.

Supper tonight is going to be the tuna casserole I did not make on Friday. I may change menus around a bit this week so that there are no leftovers just in case we do stay overnight at youngest's place.

Got to get to work if I want anything done.

Today I am grateful for the sun melting the snow. It is all slowly disappearing.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, there is now so much I do not understand about the world. That it's been such a long winter has not helped with low moods. (((Hugs)))

It's a quiet morning so far. DH and DS are both at their offices. DH usually works from home, but there's some event going on that requires his presence. Ollie, our old man cat, is watching birds from the back of the sofa and Goldie Dog is asleep in the big chair while Rosie is outside barking at the sky. Dora Kitty just came patrolling through, making her rounds and seeking ear scritches.

After lunch today I will take Goldie to the vet for her annual shots and checkup. She's always a good little girl, even though everything makes her anxious.

Supper tonight will be chicken with baked potatoes and green beans. If DH ate lunch out, he may tell me he's not hungry, but the chicken still needs to be cooked today.

I hope everyone has a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept very late for me, 7 am.

I am working on potholders. I have 3 turned right side out. They still need sewing closed and quilting. I have to sew them on the newer sewing machine.

I have named my new Singer Fussy. I haven’t named the Featherweight.

Today will be a quiet day. I have a lot that needs doing, I do need to pack the pork roast for the freezer.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Didn't realize that today is the first day of spring. I never forget the summer solstice though.

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Sun shining and the sky was so blue.

Today it is overcast but not too bad. Heard all the school traffic this morning. They had been out for spring break. So peaceful - lol.

I'm going to read the news for a while. I slept a lot - didn't get out of bed until 9:30. Well did let the pets out at 7 or so.

We also have lots of birds out there. I can hear them chirping all day. Last night I heard the babies in the big three story birdhouse. They were chirping lightly. Pecan trees are starting to get leaves. Might be a good year.

Have a nice day - praying for Owned's pup.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

SPRING!!!!!! :D

Jackie, there is so much going on in the world right now...and probably always..that is so out of our hands. I do what I can...vote...write letters..show up for meetings....and then I pray hard.