Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Have been sleeping later the past few days until last night. Woke up around 1:00 and couldn't get to sleep so got up around 2:00. I know I"m going to feel it later.

Nothing special planned for the day except the Tuesday household and exercise routine. I've already updated some spreadsheets and want to pull together items on how to budget. My niece needs help badly as she is really, really bad with numbers. She should not be in control of any amount of money because she doesn't understand it's value. It's getting to be every week that she can't afford to pay a bill and I'm ready to scream.

Dinner tonight will be a simple hot dog and veggies.

Well that's all for now. Have a good day.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I don't have much to say at the moment except to tell you about what I made for supper last night.

HOLY SMOLEY was it ever good!

Kitty, Clem, Maggie, Mackie and all who like a little taste of Mexico? I think this will be right up your alley!
I have gotten quite a few cans of black beans at the Soup Kitchen when I've gone for lunch. I looked up a recipe and found one that is AMAZING! It is for an Instant Pot but can convert easily to regular soup making. I am going to post it in recipes and come back later in the day.

I had never heard of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce but found it in the with Salsas, refried beans and other Mexican foods. Other than that? Ingredients are super simple and the soup is just SO PRETTY!

I'll go post it and let you take a look.

It is VEGAN! (I used Chicken broth as that is what I had and it was super good).

MJ

Edited to add,
I posted the homemade Taco Seasoning Spice MIx Recipe too so you don't have to buy any! I made a batch X 4 and have it in a jar. It is really nice!
Hope has a good imagination.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept good and up at a decent time, I am no longer an early riser and this is what works for me. :lol:
Lightly overcast so far this AM but supposed to be high 40's or lower 50's and I will take that.

Made a salon appointment for tomorrow and am lined up to keep the baby on Friday, so getting some things lined up.

I will bring wood in and clean the kitchen after prepping for the fish taco's, I also have some chicken broth in the fridge that needs the fat removed, marked and frozen. Although some may become soup.....
MJ, I posted the sweet fire pickles recipe/method in the recipes folder. I saw your soup recipe and yes I will be making it!

I want to get my house chores done and then plant the pansies....I have a couple of house plants that need repotted also so will bring some potting soil in to come to room temp. I just got a trident fern and it needs room to thrive.

I strained and deboned the chicken carcass yesterday, saved the "ookey skin and stuff" for a treat for my old dog, will give it in small increments because I don't want to upset his tummy. No bones just ook.

Off to get started again.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

The big pup alarm went off, so I had to get up. It was the COD's pup. I could hear him whining, so knew he had to go out. He's such a good boy. Has never ever had an accident in the house, not even as a real puppy.

Then the rest went out. It is drizzling, so that didn't take long. As soon as they are done, they are back inside. Usually they spend some time out there - sniffing everything.

They are all back in bed, but I am not. Decided to might as well stay up. I feel good. I slept okay but had weird dreams. Its not cold this morning. I miss the really cool sleeping weather. It is already 60 degrees! I think we will hit 80 today.

MJ will check out the recipe. The pickle recipe sounds interesting also. My sister bought a jar of pickles from a farm store - i tasted one - so good. They were garlic pickles. Unfortunately the family moved to Arkansas and closed the farm. Wah.

Hope all have a great day. Will be watching the news

Still praying for Cindy.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Once again the temperature has dropped and when I looked at highway conditions for our trip in a couple of days, things are not looking very good at all. The part of the highway where you turn north to head into the city is pure ice. We do have a couple of days yet so hopefully things will improve, but with the wind blowing the snow from the fields onto the highway and cars polishing that, I rather doubt it.

Anyhow, the funeral was very quiet yesterday. At 97 most of Uncle John's friends had gone before him as well as all his brothers and sisters. He had even lost 2 of his three children. I am kind of upset (and so is Hubby) that other than us there was not one member of Hubby's family there. I know there are 4 that live well within an hour of here that could have come to their last living uncle's Celebration of Life.

I have the usual household tasks for today. I need to do a bit of a carry over from yesterday as well. Since I slept in that means I will feel behind all day. Oh well, perhaps this is going to be occurring more and more the older I get.

Nothing really new and exciting here just the usual wash, rinse and repeat. I am so looking forward to nice weather, walks outside, and working in the garden. First though we need to get rid of about 4 feet of snow in the backyard.

Supper tonight will be made out of the leftover roast pork and I hope to make enough leftovers for tomorrow night. Getting the fridge cleaned out in case we don't make it home after my appointment and need to stay at youngest DS's.

Today I think I just might be grateful for my rather unexciting life. There is a sense of peace in knowing what each day will bring.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Wow Jackie 97! He lived a nice long life.