Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. Rainy and cold and fifty five.

I went out to do a porch pickup for some gifted fabric from the buy nothing group but there was no parking anywhere near her house and no driveway. I will try again later.

While I was out, I did a quick drop in at Joanne on the theory that Easter fabric will be gone quickly and I want to make a few cloth Easter baskets. I could have done a couple errands but ignored all the crap and came home. I did get a bearclaw from Panera to eat in the car. Tomorrow it should be sunny and much warmer. I am now underneath the blanket.

Jackie and others will appreciate that my quilt guild (which I almost never go to cause the meetings are from six thirty to nine once a month), is having it's surplus fabric sale with fabric gifted by members and so on and so forth. From what I understand the offerings are huge, and a pound is four or five dollars of anything. The non member portion is tomorrow and I will likely go to that instea dunless i get a bee in my bonnet to brave the cold and go tonight. Questionable.

Meanwhile I intend to make my slow cooker chicken stuffing casserole here shortly (it takes just four hours.) I also will make either today or tomorrow a recipe I have for cherry cobbler that can be done in the slow cooker and just requires a cake mix, a stick of butter and a can or so of fruit. All things that I keep on hand all the time.

Projects for the next few days (not sure which I will do today) involve sewing cloth Easter baskets and such for sale, putting out the easter decor and lights, and a few other things. We'll see where my energy level takes me today!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I thought I’d check in and tell you what I’ve been doing.

Mackie, I’m sorry about your DH’s company and I hope his position will not change.

The painter finished the interior painting at mom’s house last week. It looks good. I had him remove the wallpaper from the two bathrooms and the kitchen soffit. That was emotional. But I’m feeling ready to move on. I’m now going through and decluttering many more items. The hardest part will be the larger furniture pieces I don’t want to keep. I’ve already signed up the painter to paint the exterior and also the utility shed. That will be in May.

I’ve cancelled the Paris trip. I just wasn’t feeling it. I should still keep the Delta credits but if I don’t that is OK. I still want to go to the UK in July.

Dutch friend has Covid again. She just got back from a five-day music cruise with another friend. The other friend is OK so far. They were both supposed to be at the spring training game on Sunday but Dutch friend didn’t feel well (thought it was allergies) and other friend had to work. So I wasn’t exposed, thankfully.

I finished watching Acquitted. Dvd from the library was corrupt after the first 20 minutes of the next to last episode. Luckily I signed up for the 7-day free trial of mhz and was able to watch the conclusion. Loved it! Now I’m watching a Danish show on PBS called Below the Surface about a terror attack on the Copenhagen metro. The hostages in the show entered the metro at Kongens Nytorv, the stop I used near my hotel.

I stocked up on fruit and soy milk at Aldi yesterday. They no longer have the thin mints cookies any more, at least at my Aldi.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:17 pm Good morning. Rainy and cold and fifty five.

I went out to do a porch pickup for some gifted fabric from the buy nothing group but there was no parking anywhere near her house and no driveway. I will try again later.

While I was out, I did a quick drop in at Joanne on the theory that Easter fabric will be gone quickly and I want to make a few cloth Easter baskets. I could have done a couple errands but ignored all the crap and came home. I did get a bearclaw from Panera to eat in the car. Tomorrow it should be sunny and much warmer. I am now underneath the blanket.

Jackie and others will appreciate that my quilt guild (which I almost never go to cause the meetings are from six thirty to nine once a month), is having it's surplus fabric sale with fabric gifted by members and so on and so forth. From what I understand the offerings are huge, and a pound is four or five dollars of anything. The non member portion is tomorrow and I will likely go to that instea dunless i get a bee in my bonnet to brave the cold and go tonight. Questionable.

Meanwhile I intend to make my slow cooker chicken stuffing casserole here shortly (it takes just four hours.) I also will make either today or tomorrow a recipe I have for cherry cobbler that can be done in the slow cooker and just requires a cake mix, a stick of butter and a can or so of fruit. All things that I keep on hand all the time.

Projects for the next few days (not sure which I will do today) involve sewing cloth Easter baskets and such for sale, putting out the easter decor and lights, and a few other things. We'll see where my energy level takes me today!
I cashed out $50 from ibotta to PayPal thinking I could get them to send me a check. But I could not find that they now offer a check option. I did not want to link my bank account info so I requested a debit card which I know you’ve said you have. I’ve received it and activated it but haven’t tried using it yet. I know I will not try it at the gas station because they often put a hold. I may try Walmart. Have you used it there? Also have you ever withdrawn money from an atm? It looks like the atms the recommend for no fee are available here mainly at WaWa gas stations (inside I assume.)
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy to see you here.

I treat my Paypal debit card just as I do my bank. Paypal will email you each time you authorize a payment and say "you authorized a payment of blank to blank on your paypal master" or something similar. I do also have a pin for getting cash. But if I don't want to keep it on my card then I transfer to checking.

For what it is worth I do consider paypal safe and have my account attached. I often buy things online using paypal and authorize them to take said money from my bank because I feel it is so secure. That's how I shop from Ebay and poshmark and anyplace that takes paypal.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
FloridaCat, it sounds like you have made some solid decisions. Do you have a move in date? Are you going to keep and rent your place? It sounds exciting and a renewal for you.
Mackie, I know it is easy to say but try not to worry, and I will pray for a great outcome for you.

I have accomplished so much today, it's the sun ....I'm telling you the sun makes all the difference for me.
My list has been completed and I am seriously thinking I might pot up some seedlings. I really wanted to rake leaves out of flower beds but am hesitating because I just can't get a good read on upcoming temps.
I think better safe than sorry, but it sure is tempting.... :lol:

I did put the outside furniture on the front deck, and a pot of pansies. I also emptied a pot that had split down the side probably 5years ago and I just kept using it . I am going to try to repair it, we shall see.

I have started drinking smoothies again, this time with the addition of collagen, in the hope that it will help my joints, my hips and ankles and sometimes my knees sometimes ache. Some of it is fibro but some of it is because I have worked on hard cement surfaces most of my life. We shall see if this helps, my DD1 has used it for months and she said she can really tell a difference, she said just try it and see if it helps.

The sky is becoming overcast, rain is predicted for tonight so, so will probably take a hot bath early and hang out at home.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun has made an appearance - what a difference!