Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in March 21, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Update -- I emptied the dishwasher, and dish drainer and found out that I do actually have a kitchen sink. All the hand dishes are done.

This morning I finished sewing the potholders together. They are all right side out, I need to press them, Then I need to pin in place all the hanger loops, and then sew around the edge and quilt.

The rest of this afternoon, I am going to work on some dolls.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

casadekitty wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:59 pm Update:
FloridaCat, it sounds like you have made some solid decisions. Do you have a move in date? Are you going to keep and rent your place? It sounds exciting and a renewal for you.
Mackie, I know it is easy to say but try not to worry, and I will pray for a great outcome for you.

I have accomplished so much today, it's the sun ....I'm telling you the sun makes all the difference for me.
My list has been completed and I am seriously thinking I might pot up some seedlings. I really wanted to rake leaves out of flower beds but am hesitating because I just can't get a good read on upcoming temps.
I think better safe than sorry, but it sure is tempting.... :lol:

I did put the outside furniture on the front deck, and a pot of pansies. I also emptied a pot that had split down the side probably 5years ago and I just kept using it . I am going to try to repair it, we shall see.

I have started drinking smoothies again, this time with the addition of collagen, in the hope that it will help my joints, my hips and ankles and sometimes my knees sometimes ache. Some of it is fibro but some of it is because I have worked on hard cement surfaces most of my life. We shall see if this helps, my DD1 has used it for months and she said she can really tell a difference, she said just try it and see if it helps.

The sky is becoming overcast, rain is predicted for tonight so, so will probably take a hot bath early and hang out at home.

JCKitty
Kitty, I love pansies! They do not do well here in Florida because our nights are too warm.

I have no timetable for moving but it will be quite awhile given my typical slow pace. If possible I’d like to get the kitchen remodeled. It needs it. That is a long process, I think. Once I move, I’ll sell my townhouse. It will need to be painted inside and need new flooring. (There are so many carpet stains from Pippi throwing up.) My timing is bad with remodeling cost increases and houses not selling as fast with higher interest rates but that is life.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:24 pm Hello friends.

I thought I’d check in and tell you what I’ve been doing.

Mackie, I’m sorry about your DH’s company and I hope his position will not change.

The painter finished the interior painting at mom’s house last week. It looks good. I had him remove the wallpaper from the two bathrooms and the kitchen soffit. That was emotional. But I’m feeling ready to move on. I’m now going through and decluttering many more items. The hardest part will be the larger furniture pieces I don’t want to keep. I’ve already signed up the painter to paint the exterior and also the utility shed. That will be in May.

I’ve cancelled the Paris trip. I just wasn’t feeling it. I should still keep the Delta credits but if I don’t that is OK. I still want to go to the UK in July.

Dutch friend has Covid again. She just got back from a five-day music cruise with another friend. The other friend is OK so far. They were both supposed to be at the spring training game on Sunday but Dutch friend didn’t feel well (thought it was allergies) and other friend had to work. So I wasn’t exposed, thankfully.

I finished watching Acquitted. Dvd from the library was corrupt after the first 20 minutes of the next to last episode. Luckily I signed up for the 7-day free trial of mhz and was able to watch the conclusion. Loved it! Now I’m watching a Danish show on PBS called Below the Surface about a terror attack on the Copenhagen metro. The hostages in the show entered the metro at Kongens Nytorv, the stop I used near my hotel.

I stocked up on fruit and soy milk at Aldi yesterday. They no longer have the thin mints cookies any more, at least at my Aldi.

Have a good day.
FloridaCat, it's good to hear from you and good to hear how well the house is coming along.

DH came home from work feeling okay about things. The company that bought his employer has bought up others in the past few years and lets them run unchanged as long as they are profitable. We are assuming it made the family that owned the company an offer they couldn't refuse.

I went to the grocery store and threw my hands up in despair over the prices. No meat I could afford to bring home except some ground Italian sausage, which we already have plenty of in the freezer. The price of eggs has not budged. Sandwich bread has gone up again. Store brand American cheese has gone up 80 cents. The store was sold out of bread flour.

I spent about $70 on people food, $11 on pet food, and $7.68 on a 6 pack of big rolls of store-brand paper towels. I mostly bought fresh produce, then came home and made up fruit and veggie Lunchables for DH, whose diet is appalling lately.

Got a bunch of laundry going and Dora Kitty is being so cute cuddling up to DS. She is the most loving little girl.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My beans are done. The COD made some rice the other night and there are leftovers. Great combo - rice and beans for dinner. Topped with avocado and sour cream! Yummmmy
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:24 pm Hello friends.

I thought I’d check in and tell you what I’ve been doing.

Mackie, I’m sorry about your DH’s company and I hope his position will not change.

The painter finished the interior painting at mom’s house last week. It looks good. I had him remove the wallpaper from the two bathrooms and the kitchen soffit. That was emotional. But I’m feeling ready to move on. I’m now going through and decluttering many more items. The hardest part will be the larger furniture pieces I don’t want to keep. I’ve already signed up the painter to paint the exterior and also the utility shed. That will be in May.

I’ve cancelled the Paris trip. I just wasn’t feeling it. I should still keep the Delta credits but if I don’t that is OK. I still want to go to the UK in July.

Dutch friend has Covid again. She just got back from a five-day music cruise with another friend. The other friend is OK so far. They were both supposed to be at the spring training game on Sunday but Dutch friend didn’t feel well (thought it was allergies) and other friend had to work. So I wasn’t exposed, thankfully.

I finished watching Acquitted. Dvd from the library was corrupt after the first 20 minutes of the next to last episode. Luckily I signed up for the 7-day free trial of mhz and was able to watch the conclusion. Loved it! Now I’m watching a Danish show on PBS called Below the Surface about a terror attack on the Copenhagen metro. The hostages in the show entered the metro at Kongens Nytorv, the stop I used near my hotel.

I stocked up on fruit and soy milk at Aldi yesterday. They no longer have the thin mints cookies any more, at least at my Aldi.

Have a good day.
It sounds like you are making great progress on the house. Not sorry you aren't going to Paris right now..it is kind of a mess with the protests going on.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All of a sudden I am just freezing, so I have wrapped up in a shawl and after I finish here and doing a blog post will cuddle up in my chair with a blanket as well. I can't understand it as the sun is finally out and beating into the front room. Mind you that does make some of the other rooms a bit chilly. :?

All the household tasks were completed, even those ones I did not get done yesterday. I even did a bit of embroidery before my hands started to stiffen up. I will probably do some knitting tonight.

I will be starting to put together supper in a couple of hours, hopefully I will want to eat (haven't really been hungry today...stress for various reasons). I have been forcing myself to eat a little bit though.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/