Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening!

It's been a cold, damp day ... the rain finally arrived about the time I left for the dentist. The dentist appointment went well. He is fairly conservative about treatment, so I think we'll get along just fine. :D I do have to get a filling ... seems I somehow knocked a piece off one my molars.

Outside of that, cleaning up some work and plowing through taxes. Ugh.

Psst, Kitty .. Aldi here is selling butter at $2.49 a pound this week.

Patty, I'm rooting that you get some ongoing relief!

Mackie, hoping your DH's company is very profitable so the new owners leave it alone! (And glad Goldie Dog is better.)

Quilter, I think it's very wise of you to consider this ...
Last edited by LWolfT on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:38 pm I am happy that worked for you, patty. I have neuropathy but to date nothing like that although there are days when I eat extremely poorly and they bother me at night.

I am also praying for IC

I spent the night waking up at least twice feeling like I was going to be ill but not having it happen. But I decided to stay home from everything including Wednesday mass just in case. Things seem to have settled and I may actually go out and get some lunc later as I am wondering if it was last night's smoked turkey sausage with scalloped potatoes that did the trick somehow.

so today will be a mainly stay at home day, with sewing and rading and perhaps some taxes.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion, but since this is probably the only place I can say this, I am seriously thinking of having my kid take over my finances. In the last year I have made some stupid mistakes, mistakes that I did not make earlier even during thos crazy post funeral times, for those of you who remember that debacle year or so. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my brain but I seem incapable lately of not doing stupid things like borrowing or using cash apps. And I make more than enough money to live on. More than enough! I have a disconnect in this one area for whatever reason, so this needs to be rectified.and I want to do some things and I want to be able to help family.

Like I said, please don't make this a discussion, but I had to at least say it out loud. at least once.
Quilter, if this move is going to make you more comfortable, go for it. A second pair of eyes is not a bad thing.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening yall,

Today was mentally and emotionally draining at work. DH fixed dinner and invited DMIL over so we enjoyed dinner together. I felt bad after eating so I'm laying in bed.

Quilter- sometimes it helps to have someone an eye on our accounts

Ic- keeping you in my thoughts

Hope everyone is doing well
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Thanks Wolf!
I'm on it!!!!
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My sibling was here today doing more work for us. It has been raining, so his usual job can't do what they do.

It stopped enough so he could do some carpentry work and also replace a bulb in one of our security lights. It is up there and have to use an extension ladder. Really did not want the COD to do that. Sibling got it done in a few minutes. The side yard is now well lit. Feel much safer.

The COD probably gets mad cuz I don't want him doing stuff - :mrgreen: . Oh well.