Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Puttering proceeds apace. Inspired by Clem, I have cleaned out my sock drawer. There were three pairs with floppy tops and darned heels that went into the rag box.

I also mended the hems of a pair of DH's jeans. He has lost a little weight and his jeans are dragging in the back, wearing the hems down. He'd torn one hem loose on this pair. My box of hand-me-down thread had a spool of button hole thread in the right shade to sew it back on and reinforce the ragged edges.

Goldie Dog's mood medicine seems to be helping, as she is back to her impish tactic of peeing on Rosie Dog's bed to show dominance. I pulled off the blanket and told Goldie, who was hanging her head (she knows when she's busted), "You are the devil sometimes." :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:34 pm Puttering proceeds apace. Inspired by Clem, I have cleaned out my sock drawer. There were three pairs with floppy tops and darned heels that went into the rag box.

I also mended the hems of a pair of DH's jeans. He has lost a little weight and his jeans are dragging in the back, wearing the hems down. He'd torn one hem loose on this pair. My box of hand-me-down thread had a spool of button hole thread in the right shade to sew it back on and reinforce the ragged edges.

Goldie Dog's mood medicine seems to be helping, as she is back to her impish tactic of peeing on Rosie Dog's bed to show dominance. I pulled off the blanket and told Goldie, who was hanging her head (she knows when she's busted), "You are the devil sometimes." :-D
Goldie Dog is so bad! And so funny!!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I was at the hair salon for 1 1/2 hours and came out feeling like a new woman!!! I finally feel that I look like me again. I got whole head foils and 2 different levels of color. So it isn't in your face change of color.

Went to Aldi's and got pickles to make some more sweet fire pickles for family. I have them started. Went for coffee at the kids and wore a sock hat on purpose, when I took it off to show them they mightily approved. :lol:

It has been overcast and drizzly all afternoon, I do have a few house chores but if I want to, I can leave them till tomorrow.

Feeling a bit unsettled, I think it is anxiety over how my hair would turn out...so I will piddle around the house, have shrimp tacos and call it good.
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Love these pet stories!

I left work early today to take Hope to the vet for her ear meds (vet administers, they last a couple months) and steroid shot. Now babysitting the grand dog while DD and her SO are at the movies. All the dogs are asleep - that cannot possibly last long. Felix is having the run of DD's part of the house since her dog is out here(behind gates, spearated from my dogs - but "together"). I am making a vegan broccoli casserole for supper tonight and a veggie pizza for lunch at work for the next 2 days.

It is turning cold again - and my house is freezing - but we deal. Have a great evening.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:34 pm Puttering proceeds apace. Inspired by Clem, I have cleaned out my sock drawer. There were three pairs with floppy tops and darned heels that went into the rag box.

Oh I also cleared out the underwear drawer. I had ordered a bunch of new Jockey underwear - my favorite brand. But it was hard to get rid of some OLD favorites. And they were old - :mrgreen: . In the trash they went. They were getting a little thin - lol.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, I bet you look fabulous! And good for you, Clem, for getting new Jockeys.

HappyDaze, your casserole sounds delish. It's warmer today, but there's no sun, so the house feels chilly.

I decided not to go shopping in the rain and have been laundering sofa throws and running the sticky roller over the throw pillows on the sofas. All part of the endless battle against pet hair.
Mackie