Daily Check In March 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In March 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up at pretty much my regular hour, and asked our highway FB group about the highway we will be using. A friend answered and said so far the highway was good. However it has started snowing here once again. Not much, but it is blowing which will make the roads a tad icy perhaps. I think we might pack a few clothing items just in case we need to stay at youngest sons. I really dislike driving at this time of year, the weather is just too changeable.

Just a few cleaning items before we go. Pretty much just dusting really.

I finished the first pair of mittens last night, did a bit of embroidery in the afternoon as well. I am almost finished the center portion of one block. Hopefully I can finish that center tomorrow and move on to the side portions....Thought I am very tempted not to do them and just let a bit of a wash get rid of the stamped pattern. I do have time to think about it.

Taking my ereader with me but no craft projects. Not much use in taking my knitting if we don't stay overnight. I sometimes find it difficult to knit in the vehicle especially if it is not nice weather out.

Off to get a few things done. Will let you all know the results of the tests taken about a month and a half ago (well slightly less) when we get back. Hopefully still cancer free.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, sending good thoughts for your doc visit/results and for travel.

Good morning, all. I slept reasonably well, but was wide awake a little before 5am. So I got up. Made coffee and have just been flitting around online. Yesterday was my deadline for this month's short story. It was a long word count (2500 words). Most of the time we are asked for shorter ones - anywhere from 1000 to 1800 words. The goal is to get the exact word count. It's a good practice, because it forces you to discipline yourself to really look at the words/phrasing you're using and make every word count. Anyway, I submitted and was happy to get it written and posted. I will try to put a bunch of new(ish) stories on my blog later today.

I'm so tired of rain and gray...blah. I don't think it's supposed to rain today, but it sure looks like it. And my chimes are getting a workout. The bad weather will return tomorrow. The good news is that the temps have warmed up. I really want to be able to go sit on "my" bench at the lake, but the weather has been very uncooperative. So I'll be patient.

Supper tonight is going to be pork roast, with rice-a-roni and mixed veggies. I'll probably fix it early, in case I don't feel like standing/cooking later. I might do some biscuits to go with.

My feet are still so much better. The left one, though, has started with the sparklers feeling in the arch area. I'm trying not to freak out.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I am up early! I slept almost all through the night. Got up at 5:30 to use the bathroom. Its not cold so didn't get to stay under the warm blanket.

I'm thinking of what I will do today. Maybe some laundry?

Also overcast here, but no rain today. Or so far.

This month has zoomed by. Crazy.

Have a great day. Still thinking of Cindy.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am away for a few days. Visiting my sister who had extensive dental surgery. Her face is swollen and bruised...one day at a time.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
it is 60 degrees and so overcast. We have had some heavy rains overnight. mud on the walkway. That means it must have really come down. :(
I wore my muck boots to take care of the chickens, there is a lot of water/slimy mud out there :?

I might make a run to Aldi's for butter....thanks Wolf! They may have a limit, if they do I will have the DD's stop after work and get the limit also. Fill the freezer...

Last night instead of shrimp tacos I just put all the stuff in a bowl of salad and covered it with crushed corn tortilla chips...so good!

I will run the vacuum and maybe the floor cleaner today, tomorrow I have the baby for the day. Fun but will be busy.
I have thawed sliders for meals today and salad. Not a whole ot going on, I do need to order some OTC stuff from my insurance plan.
Off to get started again,
Thinking good thought for Jackie and praying also for Owned's dog to come home soon.

JCKitty