Daily Check In March 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In March 23, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:21 pm Good afternoon!

It's low 60s and mild out there, but it's been pouring rain most of the day. Had considered doing some grocery shopping, but not in the middle of thunderstorms. Will give it a try tomorrow.

So, got the federal taxes done, though I need to go over them to make sure I didn't miss anything. And we are going to owe :shock: Finished up some work and tackled dishes.

Ham (from the freezer) for dinner. Bought fresh Brussels sprouts on sale, which I will roast. Not sure about anything else.

IC, glad to hear things are better with your DH.

Mackie, will you come to my house to clean and organize? ;) I swear I could vacuum every day and pick up a bushel of dust. Plus enough hair to knit a couple of cats.
We owe too. We are making Uncle Sam real happy. *sighs*

When I was younger, I wanted to get certified as a professional organizer, but never got around to it. Now my knees don't hold up to stepping over piles of junk.

Right now my son is mad at me because I disturbed the sanctity of the dust in his room. :-D
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:27 pm https://amvetsdonationpickup.com/index.html

AmVets.
Yes, that is a possibility. Thank you. They do take furniture but typically not from inside the house from what it says. But I’ll call them. It is hard being alone without a network of big, strong guys to move things.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Man. I earned less than two thousand dollars more this year than last year and my tax went from less than a hundred to four hundred and something. Holy Moly.

I have walked about fifteen hundred steps and done two thousand steps of seated aerobics so I am on target and will do more later.

I did go to to Albertsons. I got four ready meals (orange chicken and fried rice, grilled chicken and veggies and scalloped potatoes and meatloaf and veg and potatoes and top sirloin and broccoli) that were each buy one free. so fifteen dollars for four meals and I can live with that. I will get some more at the end of the sale next week. Unfortunately they were not freezable. Muffins and chunku soups were also buy one get one. This stuff really makes more sense for me with a slow cooker thing once or twice a week to add to the freezer.

Now off to compute and sew and read.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi Everyone,

Nothing exciting happening here. Next week is a little busy, I have a certification exam Tuesday afternoon and I see my GP on Wed. That means I'll need to get my bloodwork Saturday morning (Fasting). Then I will go to a friends birthday party as a bar and then DGS5's birthday party Sunday around lunchtime. I did pick up his gift already.

I was hoping to hear about my car this week. This is really getting old. I'd run DS1's car through a car wash, but it has been rainy and rain is expected the next few days. I should go check to see if it dried out.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone,

I got up before 7, showered, ate breakfast and went to the Armory for walking and Yoga. Breakfast was a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. DH does not eat salmon. What can I do with extra smoked salmon? Does anyone have recipes that use smoked salmon? I get a lot of it, FREE. DD is quality control at one of the largest plants in the US and receives a case of free products every month. She doesn't eat fish. She gives most of it to me.

I've balanced my checkbook, paid bills and stopped at CVS. I had coupons and Extra Bucks to use. I purchased the largest box of Fiber One cereal, four 1 lb bags of raw almonds and a bag of freeze dried strawberries and bananas for $17. We eat almonds for snacks and the freeze dried fruit will be in an ingredient in Sheila's Granola recipe. I think I will make it this coming week. We use granola on yogurt and are almost out. I have all ingredients to make the granola so that is much better than purchasing it.

It is a gray misty day. I don't feel energetic today. Gray weather does that to me. I meant to spend some time cleaning the basement and haven't done that yet. Maybe later...

Dinner will be Country Style pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and Brussell Sprouts.

Have a great evening!
Julie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:37 pm Hi Everyone,

Nothing exciting happening here. Next week is a little busy, I have a certification exam Tuesday afternoon and I see my GP on Wed. That means I'll need to get my bloodwork Saturday morning (Fasting). Then I will go to a friends birthday party as a bar and then DGS5's birthday party Sunday around lunchtime. I did pick up his gift already.

I was hoping to hear about my car this week. This is really getting old. I'd run DS1's car through a car wash, but it has been rainy and rain is expected the next few days. I should go check to see if it dried out.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
wow - how long have you been waiting for your car to be fixed. Over a month??