Daily Check In March 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In March 23, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

I think everyone in my family except my oldest sister has had Covid.

But she and her hubby didn't venture out much and were always masked and gloved.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm I have several small tables in the garage that I’ll give to Salvation Army but will probably need help getting them into the car.
There are organizations that will pick them up, all you have to do is make the request online and leave them outside the garage.

We did this for a refrigerator someone needed to get rid of, the Salvation Army folks took it; and once with some furniture that the Disabled American Veterans picked up.

Anything heavy or bulky we tried not to mess with.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:51 pm There are organizations that will pick them up, all you have to do is make the request online and leave them outside the garage.

We did this for a refrigerator someone needed to get rid of, the Salvation Army folks took it; and once with some furniture that the Disabled American Veterans picked up.

Anything heavy or bulky we tried not to mess with.
I am going to call Salvation Army and other places. My biggest “worry” is the 9-drawer dresser with an attached mirror. Too big and not a style I want. I have most everything out of it but still have a few items. The painter moved it and didn’t complain but I know it is heavy - solid wood probably 25 to 30 years old or older.

Even getting it into the garage will be a challenge. I’ll ask the neighbor if some of his church people will do it. Or I’ll ask around another neighbor. It is in a bedroom not far from the door into the garage so that is good. I really want to get rid of it before getting the new carpet so it doesn’t leave indentations on the carpet.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

It's low 60s and mild out there, but it's been pouring rain most of the day. Had considered doing some grocery shopping, but not in the middle of thunderstorms. Will give it a try tomorrow.

So, got the federal taxes done, though I need to go over them to make sure I didn't miss anything. And we are going to owe :shock: Finished up some work and tackled dishes.

Ham (from the freezer) for dinner. Bought fresh Brussels sprouts on sale, which I will roast. Not sure about anything else.

IC, glad to hear things are better with your DH.

Mackie, will you come to my house to clean and organize? ;) I swear I could vacuum every day and pick up a bushel of dust. Plus enough hair to knit a couple of cats.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:04 pm I am going to call Salvation Army and other places. My biggest “worry” is the 9-drawer dresser with an attached mirror. Too big and not a style I want. I have most everything out of it but still have a few items. The painter moved it and didn’t complain but I know it is heavy - solid wood probably 25 to 30 years old or older.

Even getting it into the garage will be a challenge. I’ll ask the neighbor if some of his church people will do it. Or I’ll ask around another neighbor. It is in a bedroom not far from the door into the garage so that is good. I really want to get rid of it before getting the new carpet so it doesn’t leave indentations on the carpet.
Maybe a veterans organization? I can't remember the name of the one that would come to your house to pick up items you were giving away.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://amvetsdonationpickup.com/index.html

AmVets.