Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All household tasks (well the few I needed to do) were done before 10 this morning.

I was busy doing embroidery until time to call my brother, whom for some reason was surprised to hear from me. Talked for about 45 minutes, rather he talked and I more or less listened. He is really confused today.

Tonight I will be knitting, though I am beginning to wonder if knitting with black yarn is best done at that time... Hard to see the stitches even with the light on.

Went for a short walk this afternoon, since this is supposed to be our last kind of decent day. Turned the corner at the end of the street and almost walked into 4 deer. I don't know who was more surprised. After staring at me for a few moments the deer took off into the valley. Hope none got injured as they were moving pretty quickly. I wish I had my camera with me.

I need to cut up the chicken meat for our hot sandwiches. I have the beans out thawing a tad, and will get those started when I start removing the meat from the bones. The bones will be saved and added to the chicken carcass already in the fridge.

Off to check my email.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The afternoon turned off so clear and sunny that I put on my yard shoes and did some work in the back yard. There are a lot of holes back there where dead tree roots rotted underground and caused the ground to cave in. I cleaned out two huge garden vases and used the soil to fill in the holes.

Also moved around some slabs of cut stone that have been in the grass since we moved here. It seems to be excess leftover from making an unmortared path around the house. Some of it is too big for me to move and will take a crowbar, sledge hammer and help from DS tomorrow.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

House chores were all done early and I have piddled the rest of the day....it has been great :lol:
We have had peeks of sunshine but really high winds so not a day to be able to do anything outside.

I even took a nap, it was great. Hot dog with sauerkraut for a late lunch, not hungry for supper so might just have popcorn.

Patty, I am not a movie person at all...have trouble setting still that long :roll: but my pick would be Sweet Home Alabama...for some reason I just love that movie.

I need to organize some things for next week, nothing pressing just needs taken care of.
I did check the online ads, nothing jumps out at me. I will need fruit and some more live culture yogurt, It is so easy to make the unsweetened yogurt for my smoothies and so much cheaper.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Spent a couple of hours at my siblings house for his wife's birthday party.

Good conversation and good food and adult drinks.

Got to see grand-nieces and nephews - wow they grow so fast. So much ahead of them!