Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Hi all. It is what I call a "slow day" here - I am having a hard time getting going - and I haven't done squat yet other than nap and watch youtube. I think it's knowing I have next week off from work and acknowledging how tired I am - and I've hit a wall.

I am allowing myself the day to be a bum and will get with the program tomorrow. It is very cold, raining, dark...it is okay if I have a "do nothing day." It is hard not to think about all I have to do and should be doing but I need to get over it - nothing wrong with taking a true day off, wrapping up in blankets and resting.

I had a bagel with peanut butter and thinly sliced apple for breakfast, half a salad kit for lunch, a vegan protein bar for a snack, too much coffee. I do think I will make some potato soup. I usually make it on Sundays - the kiddos call it "Sunday Soup" and always look forward to a bowl - but today is a good soup day.

I hope everyone is doing well. Off to read the forum and find out.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good afternoon.

I have of course, seen all of those movies. I personally think Pygmalion is a little dry. I agree there are also options on Netflix and prime. I don't actually know if I have ever mentioned it here, but I am a movie buff not just a classic movie buff but any movies. I am the person who gets called at two am when certain people who shall remain unnamed "need" to know who played the wife in the first version of Cape fear because they just got back from the OUter Banks and drove by Cape Fear. Polly Bergen.

For many, many, many years I worked a three to eleven shift and my three hour wind down was whatever is on TV-from Elvira to Killer Clowns to The World, The flesh and the devil (not a B movie, lol).

Anyhoo, good afternoon. Still restless sleeping. I may talk with my doctor abotu trying the Xanax for travel for sleep in small amounts. Not sleep apnea, cause I get a good four hours in the deep sleep according to my watch but then the rest is am ess.

So. Yesterday, one of the two teeth that hold my small bridge in front on the lowers came out. When means I now have a hole in my mouth. I have a first evaluation appointment on Tuesday, but this is not an overnight fix due to my previous broken jaw (top and bottom) and all my side effects. So, I will be wearing a mask and taking it off to eat and explaining to people for awhile. It was going to happen eventually.

Today and tomorrow are also mainly non task stuff for me, although I did rotate some clothing and I may spring decorate my little seasonal tree depending. I did do a few surveys this morning while I was doing other things. Since I had a light breakfast I am having my meatloaf and mashed potatoes here shortly as a late lunch and then I will scramble a couple eggs or something for late night.

I have a couple new books, a show on Netflix (the night agent based on a book by Mathew Quirk), An I have both some book sleeves and Easter baskets ready to sew, depending. I need to get a new knitting project started for TV time.

I'll walk my 4000 steps today but probably save all the weight and strength for tomorrow. I also have the coming week to plan.

sunny and 70 today, tomorrow 80 and believe you me I will take it.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat (((Hugs))) Quilter, I am sorry about your tooth. My DS's jaw was broken in a mugging some years ago and his teeth, which had been perfect, just went to heck after that. He's lost a premolar (the gap shows when he laughs) and has a ton of fillings now.

HappyDaze, we are being lazy today. We went out for lunch at the fish & chips student hangout. It has a huge patio where people can sit with their dogs, so we got some quality dogwatching in and I learned that DH likes poodles. This I did not know, as he is generally not a fan of frou-frou dogs.

Then we went a bit farther downtown and I bought all of us a cupcake for dessert at a little shop that sells nothing but cupcakes. I think that may be all we accomplish for the day. We sure won't need supper.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Yea, the jaw is a killer. When I was in college I hit a tree head on (my fault all the way, putting on makeup) and the passenger window was rolled down and my mouth hit the metal at the bottom and shatttered my entire face and I lost teeth and it was a mess and my mouth has been degrading for fifty years now, lol.

I am now eating out today but brunch after church tomorrow when it's eighty sounds like a peachy idea.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 pm Good afternoon.

I have of course, seen all of those movies. I personally think Pygmalion is a little dry. I agree there are also options on Netflix and prime. I don't actually know if I have ever mentioned it here, but I am a movie buff not just a classic movie buff but any movies. I am the person who gets called at two am when certain people who shall remain unnamed "need" to know who played the wife in the first version of Cape fear because they just got back from the OUter Banks and drove by Cape Fear. Polly Bergen.

For many, many, many years I worked a three to eleven shift and my three hour wind down was whatever is on TV-from Elvira to Killer Clowns to The World, The flesh and the devil (not a B movie, lol).

Anyhoo, good afternoon. Still restless sleeping. I may talk with my doctor abotu trying the Xanax for travel for sleep in small amounts. Not sleep apnea, cause I get a good four hours in the deep sleep according to my watch but then the rest is am ess.

So. Yesterday, one of the two teeth that hold my small bridge in front on the lowers came out. When means I now have a hole in my mouth. I have a first evaluation appointment on Tuesday, but this is not an overnight fix due to my previous broken jaw (top and bottom) and all my side effects. So, I will be wearing a mask and taking it off to eat and explaining to people for awhile. It was going to happen eventually.

Today and tomorrow are also mainly non task stuff for me, although I did rotate some clothing and I may spring decorate my little seasonal tree depending. I did do a few surveys this morning while I was doing other things. Since I had a light breakfast I am having my meatloaf and mashed potatoes here shortly as a late lunch and then I will scramble a couple eggs or something for late night.

I have a couple new books, a show on Netflix (the night agent based on a book by Mathew Quirk), An I have both some book sleeves and Easter baskets ready to sew, depending. I need to get a new knitting project started for TV time.

I'll walk my 4000 steps today but probably save all the weight and strength for tomorrow. I also have the coming week to plan.

sunny and 70 today, tomorrow 80 and believe you me I will take it.
I am sorry about your tooth.

Not to replace your doctor, but I have a Rx for .25 alprazolam (generic Xanax) and taking it even several hours before bedtime lets me sleep through the night. I try not to do it often but it does work. I tried cutting it in half but it really wasn’t effective.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:53 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:19 pm
A frustrating morning trying to quilt the potholders I am trying to make.

I know I have mentioned how much I hate my modern Singer HD 4432 sewing machine. It is so fussy that I have named the machine fussy. I wouldn’t even give the machine 1 star, it is that bad.

Erin recommended the Singer HD 4452 the exact same machine except for color and attachments that come with it.

Penny

Penny, in going through mom’s house I’ve decided to keep her sewing machine and also keep my machine. I used to sew a lot but haven’t in a long time but hope to get back into it.

My machine is a Kenmore Ultra Stitch 6 and will be 40 years old next year. Mom’s is also a Kenmore that I bought her a year or two after I bought mine. I think the older machines are “better” without all the bells and whistles on the machines today.
I agree with you. My 45 year old sewing machine died about 3 years ago. I had very little choice then about what I got. This was the start of the pandemic. I would love a vintage machine. But right now I am not going to get one. I may just pitch my projects that I can't sew Make something else.

Penny