Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Just looking at the news footage of Mississippi. Those poor people. It is unfathomable how fast and destructive tornados are.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:52 pm Kitty, have you ever tried the liquid Hyaluronic Acid? Back when I was having a lot of knee pain, I started taking that, 2 tbsp every morning, and it really made a difference. I hope your collagen continues to help.

MJ, your day sounds so fun. Enjoy lunch out with your friend.

FL Cat, I would gladly have shared some of our rain with you. Thankfully, it has moved out for the next several days. Finally. It was so good to see the sun shining this morning.

Happy Saturday, all. I don't have much on the agenda today. I did order in pizza/wings last night, and we'll have the leftovers later so I don't have to think about fixing supper. I'm going to choose a movie we can watch together later -- we like doing 'dinner and a movie' in our den, lol. Or sometimes in the bedroom, served on bed trays...although we are more likely to just do the movie there, as neither one of us is too comfortable eating in bed. Plus, Audrey likes to get her nose right in the middle of whatever we do in there, lol. Sometimes it's challenging to settle on a movie we both like. We take turns picking them out, so it's not all on one of us. When choosing for us both, we lean toward classic and/or some action movies. Tonight I'm considering Siberia with Keanu Reeves, A Streetcar Named Desire, Separate Tables, Pygmalion (which I'm not sure he'd actually go for), North By Northwest (always a favorite - we love anything Alfred Hitchcock), Lord Jim, It Happened Tomorrow, and Tension. With the exception of the first one, I've recorded from TCM. Anyone have any that they love? I think the only one I've seen in full is N x NW and it's been years since we've seen it.

We had crazy winds and rain last night but nothing like our poor neighbors to the South. I hate to see the devastation in Mississippi. Why does it always seem like the worst disasters are inflicted upon those who can least afford them? :-( I spent most of the night in the recliner, but finally headed to lie down about 4am. Got a few hours sleep there.

Okay. I'm off (like a herd of turtles, as my friend used to say). I need to work on my rewrite but am just not feeling it today. It's okay. I'm okay. I can take a day off. (my current mantra). Have a good day, all.
Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. It is on Amazon Prime (or was when I watched it a few months ago).
floridacatlover

itspennyc wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 pm A frustrating morning trying to quilt the potholders I am trying to make.

I know I have mentioned how much I hate my modern Singer HD 4432 sewing machine. It is so fussy that I have named the machine fussy. I wouldn’t even give the machine 1 star, it is that bad.

Erin recommended the Singer HD 4452 the exact same machine except for color and attachments that come with it.

Penny
Penny, in going through mom’s house I’ve decided to keep her sewing machine and also keep my machine. I used to sew a lot but haven’t in a long time but hope to get back into it.

My machine is a Kenmore Ultra Stitch 6 and will be 40 years old next year. Mom’s is also a Kenmore that I bought her a year or two after I bought mine. I think the older machines are “better” without all the bells and whistles on the machines today.
floridacatlover

I’m home from mom’s house. I can only stay so long before I start to feel like crying but can’t actually cry.

The dining room closet is not nearly as cluttered as I thought. I did thoroughly go through it right after mom died. Today I found things to donate and also throw away. I haven’t looked at the top two shelves but there is not a lot there. One thing is an oil lamp. I wouldn’t know how to use it.

I watered one side of the yard really well. I’ll do the other side on Monday.

What a tragedy in Mississippi. I haven’t read the details yet but saw photos and video. Horrendous.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Dressed and ready to go to sister-in-laws birthday party.

It's not for three more hours, but why not get ready.

The COD got up early and went and got me breakfast - mmm barbacoa. I will have enough left over for several more breakfasts. I love the stuff. I'll freeze it in small batches.

Still nice and sunny outside. And cool - very nice.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:49 pm Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. It is on Amazon Prime (or was when I watched it a few months ago).
Oh, that is a good one. We've seen it, but it's been awhile. So many good movies out there!
Patty