Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a bit cooler today than it has been, but we have to take the bad with the good. It's also supposed to rain on and off today.

I thought I had signed up for an online "tour" of London yesterday, but it apparently didn't take or was cancelled and I didn't get a notification as such. Will look for something else later. I did finally decide to go to the grocery store yesterday.

I've already done a crossword puzzle this morning and watched a couple of You Tube videos on actual stories done in "texts". I did start a new book yesterday and will continue with it today. I'll probably work on a Sudoku puzzle or two as well.

No "housework" chores on the weekend except meal prep and cleanup and making the bed. Have begun exercising. I also want to wash my hair later today.

Dinner tonight will be a pork chop and vegetables.

That's all for now. Have a nice day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 25, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Logics, it sounds like a lovely day.

Not much happening here either and as it has gotten colder my walks will be curtailed slightly (melted snow frozen and I refuse to perhaps fall). In fact the weather people last night stated that the Canadian prairies are in for a slow warm up to spring. Most of April and part of May are supposed to be below seasonal. Not looking forward to that at all.

I do plan on baking a loaf of bread today (the machine doing all the work), sending in my scan for points, and sweeping the floors. I also need to call my brother today (talk about nothing for about an hour). Once those small chores are completed, well I get to play. I should be able to almost finish one corner of the embroidery this afternoon. I am getting a tiny bit quicker with that old skill. Knitting tiny mittens is another story, but I will get there, and I have plenty of time to get them completed. It isn't like the teachers will want them immediately.

Supper tonight is going to be hot chicken sandwiches (making gravy), fries and green beans. I even made pudding last night so we can have that as dessert.

Today I am grateful that even though it is going to be cooler today the sun will be shining (at least I hope it will be shining).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Logics and all. I woke up early this morning. DH said I slept through a night of tremendous rainstorms: it was raining sideways a lot of the night.

Right now am drinking coffee and listening to the robovac make his rounds. I have Saturday chores, plus need to do some dusting.

Last night I sewed up DH's suede slippers again and re-darned the thin spot in the toe of mine. Some funky orange thread gifted by my neighbor back home has really come in handy for mending those shoes. Both pairs are saddle colored suede.

Got to think up something for supper. I am burned out on cooking at the moment and would love some fish and chips from the little place downtown that everyone dismisses as a student hangout. True, but they do a great burger and fish at a reasonable price. :-D

Hope everyone has a day of peace.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Mackie, send the rain down here.

I’ll go to mom’s house and water a bit in the yard. I haven’t been keeping up in the yard. I saw that a penta I moved from my house was dead the other day so I got rid of it.

I’m going to start decluttering the big closet/ pantry in the dining room. (I was able to completely clear out the double closets in the master bedroom and had them painted inside but I couldn’t get this dining room closet cleaned out. The painter did just the doors. When he comes back to to the outside of the house, maybe I’ll have this closet empty enough to paint. He left me quite a bit of leftover wall and trim paint.) Mostly it is cookware and odds and ends of dishes and whatever, much of it I put there myself. Anything I don’t know where to store I put in this big closet! I’ll do one shelf at a time.

I have the edge finished on the library puzzle.

The last of the skating is on today. I’ll give Peacock credit that they now have replays for a limited time (at least for this competition) so I don’t have to get up early to watch. The competition is in Japan. Just as before Covid, everyone in the audience in Japan is wearing a mask.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:41 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Logics, it sounds like a lovely day.

Not much happening here either and as it has gotten colder my walks will be curtailed slightly (melted snow frozen and I refuse to perhaps fall). In fact the weather people last night stated that the Canadian prairies are in for a slow warm up to spring. Most of April and part of May are supposed to be below seasonal. Not looking forward to that at all.

I do plan on baking a loaf of bread today (the machine doing all the work), sending in my scan for points, and sweeping the floors. I also need to call my brother today (talk about nothing for about an hour). Once those small chores are completed, well I get to play. I should be able to almost finish one corner of the embroidery this afternoon. I am getting a tiny bit quicker with that old skill. Knitting tiny mittens is another story, but I will get there, and I have plenty of time to get them completed. It isn't like the teachers will want them immediately.

Supper tonight is going to be hot chicken sandwiches (making gravy), fries and green beans. I even made pudding last night so we can have that as dessert.

Today I am grateful that even though it is going to be cooler today the sun will be shining (at least I hope it will be shining).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Sound like your calls with your brother are a form of a Corporal Work of Mercy.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I was up early to go to the lab for my blood work for my Doctors appointment this week. They only needed 2 vials. Then I ran to the Meijer near there. I forgot my list, but it was not very long. I missed Distilled water and Panko crumbs (which I also forgot to put on my list.) I was back home in time to watch my favorite cooking shows. My friend K and her DH will pick me up about 5 to head down to a birthday party. I am looking forward to it. I will swing by Mom and Dad's later this afternoon for a visit and to drop off some glass in their recycle bin. I hate to throw big Olive Oil bottles in the thrash and since I cleaned and organized under my kitchen sink, I have jars that I saved but never used. I kept a handful and the rest are in a paper bag to recycle.

Have a great day,
Maggie