Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

casadekitty wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:10 am Hello all,
I slept well and was up early for me....before 8 AM. I just couldn't stay in bed.
It is chilly but the sun is shining.
Chickens fed and taken care of and I have a load of laundry on the outdoor lines.
Looking out the window I can see the neighbors front yard is turning really green. It is so nice to see green!

Will do minor house chores today and possibly use the leaf blower on the flowerbeds. The wind yesterday took care of a lot of stray leaves from the yard. :lol:

While outside this AM I heard mourning doves, I love them.
Not sure what else I will get up to today.
JCKitty
So I have been seeing Mourning doves sitting on the window sill of my screened in porch. The screen is flush with the inside wall. I want to clean off the droppings, but I cannot do that without taking of the screen. And the screen is huge and bolted on. But I'd rather have them there than building a nest on top of the security light in the hallway.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:17 am I need to start doing at least some of that. I’m not tech savvy but I use my iPad for almost everything now. It does back up to iCloud but I’ve never tried to retrieve anything. I do sometimes save pdfs of bills or documents in the Books app (not sure if this is the best place to save them).

As I’ve said previously, I am disgusted with my laptop. It is now old, maybe 7-8 years. Mom bought it for me. I was going to do my taxes on it but I couldn’t get it to connect to my new Internet. Sheesh! I know that Maggie makes a good living with Microsoft products but if I get a new laptop it will be a MacBook.
^ or 7 years makes your laptop an antique. Companies typically replace them every 3-4 years. I would say a MacBook is not going to last that much longer, but ask around about how long you can expect a MacBook to last.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:22 pm Very late checkin and I have not read yet.

lousy night. I am just going to get over the counter sleepmedicine for now I have decided. I don't want to take the xanax as that is for anxiety, so I will start with tylenol pm or something similar.

Went to church, had a long coffee hour discussion then went to lunch (where I had french toast) and visited with my friend for a very long time (they let us sit there and chat as long as we want when not croweded).

Got home after three (more like three thirty) called son and then spent forty minutes on phone with daughter. Not at all sure that sister had covid rather than a week of the creeping crud as she did not test to start I dont think but she is better now.

I should walk outside and I should do some house stuff, it will be one or the other at this point, lol.
Tylenol PM is just Tylenol + Benadryl for an upcharge. If the convenience of one pill is important, go for it. Otherwise, get Benadryl and take it with Tylenol.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening everyone,

I was out late last nights, but had a good time. We went to a bar and they had a live band that took us through the decades. Did some dancing. Then I was up at the usual time for Mass. Then down to DS1's for DGS's 6th birthday party. I dozed a bit this afternoon. I have been studying for my exam on Tuesday.

I got the results of my bloodwork in My Chart. My Doc reviewed them yesterday and put in a order to repeat a test. My calcium level was high. I had this a few years ago and she ordered a scan of my parathyroid. We will see what happens, but the test does not require fasting so I can do it in the evening.

My A1C was up as was my blood sugar. I have been letting my diet slip and not been exercising. So I need to work on that by watching my carbs more closely.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Spent the day inside and out...piddling and cleaning up the flowerbeds and yard, Mackie I am betting we will both be sore tomorrow LOL.
I have been trying to come up with a garden bed edging that didn't cost much, was as natural as possible and went with my esthetic.
I noticed I had a bunch of water sprouts on the flowering crab and the honeysuckle needed whacked ff again. so....I have been cutting them off and putting them into the dirt like a half hoop. I am about 1/3 done and it looks pretty good. I will continue as I can, I think I am going to like it.
Tired and sore, gonna take a hot bath and relax the evening away.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:48 pm Tylenol PM is just Tylenol + Benadryl for an upcharge. If the convenience of one pill is important, go for it. Otherwise, get Benadryl and take it with Tylenol.
Yep, I know, but taking a single pill is much better for my system and since I have no allergies, I'll never need the benadryl alone, so I would take the pm.