Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:52 am HP wanted to stop people from using third party ink when they decide they aren't going to produce certain ink cartridges any more making one's printer obsolete. I was able to keep my last printer for 5 or 6 years longer than I would have been able to using third party ink. I don't recall exactly when they started it but they now have chips inside the printer so that you can only use THEIR ink. Third party ink will not work or could even damage it permanently if you tried to use it.

You still do have the option of buying their ink cartridges but they have reduced the number of pages you can print from them. But if you subscribe to their "Instant Ink", they send you the ink cartridges when you need them. The way they know you need them is through a wifi setup (HP Smartprint) that sends them the number of pages you've printed.

I'm sure there's no savings on ink whatsoever but I thought I would give it a try for a short while. The first 6 months is free. In fact I wasn't going to buy an HP printer anymore because of it but mine died all of a sudden and I really didn't have the time to research the printers thoroughly before I purchased another.

It will be the LAST HP printer I buy though.
From all that I have read printers are set up to only print so many pages before dying. I always used HP ink in my HP printers due to the fact if you didn't the warranty was voided. Just got used to it.

I now have an Epson Eco Tank and am having lots of trouble getting the black ink to refill it. I will probably order online this week. It seems they only allow certain companies to carry it Staples being the main one and neither in the bigger city I go to for checkups has it. Online I go.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:00 am I was wondering about it, too. I have a Brother printer-copier-fax (don’t have the fax connected) that I’ve had for 5+ years. It tells me I’m low on ink when the cartridge is still half full but I just continue to print. Printed something yesterday and it now looks like it is almost empty but I’ll keep printing until it is completely out. I’m wasteful with printing. Whenever I transfer money from checking to savings or the other way, I always print out the confirmation.
I was doing that as well, but then changed to writing the confirmation number down on the bill, or making note of it in my expenses binder for transfers from one account to the other. It works for me, but perhaps not for you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I got up late but put in my eye drops and then went to Home Depot. Flowers are on sale 5/$5 (on sale from $1.79 each). It doesn’t seem that long age when .50 was the sale price. The flats are also on sale for $9.88. I bought five individual begonias - 3 for the pot on mom’s step and 2 to fill in my planter boxes in my carport which still have flowers left over from the fall. I used the PayPal debit card I got from ibotta money for the first time and it worked out well. So really they were free.

I’m staying home the rest of the day. I’ll work on my puzzle and do shredding of paperwork.

Have a good day.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I slept well and was up early for me....before 8 AM. I just couldn't stay in bed.
It is chilly but the sun is shining.
Chickens fed and taken care of and I have a load of laundry on the outdoor lines.
Looking out the window I can see the neighbors front yard is turning really green. It is so nice to see green!

Will do minor house chores today and possibly use the leaf blower on the flowerbeds. The wind yesterday took care of a lot of stray leaves from the yard. :lol:

While outside this AM I heard mourning doves, I love them.
Not sure what else I will get up to today.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have fixed my breakfast. Oatmeal with blueberries.

I need to start sewing a couple of dolls.

I ordered my expensive OTC medication. It is done for several months now. By ordering 5 bottles at a time I save quite a bit. $81. Each bottle lasts 45 days and costs $68 plus shipping is $11. By ordering 5 I get each bottle for $54 and get free shipping. Basically I get more than one bottle free. But it is a big outlay all at once.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, all. I slept in until our old man cat jumped on the bed to demand head skritches. Had coffee and a banana for breakfast. DH is outside severely trimming back the gardenias that were badly cold-burned in December.

Today I will do some more yard work and we will probably have pancakes and bacon for supper.

I also hear a mourning dove this morning. Such a sweet, lovely sound.

May it be a day of peace for us all.
Mackie