Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:14 pm MJ, people think corgis will make great pets because they are small and cute. However, they are also extremely strong-willed and very intelligent. If you don't do what they want, they get the point across by biting. In Wales, they herd cows by biting them on the heels, so they are tough little rascals.

We loved the one we had for 13 years, but I do not want another one. In my old age, I need something easier to live with. :-D

My yard work for the day is done, having spread mulch, lopped limbs off brush, raked leaves, chopped vines, carried more slabs of rock, filled up more holes and dug up and leveled some bricks that had sunken by the back door. That felt like plenty.
You did a lot of work! Carrying the slabs of rock and leveling the bricks are especially exhausting. You’ll be sore tomorrow, I think. Well done!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I got quite a bit done for a Sunday. Finished my paper shredding, cut back the lantana on the patio, planted my begonias, watered all my plants finally hulled and cut up my strawberries and did about a third of my puzzle.

It is very warm here. My a/c is at 79 F. and it ran on and off throughout the afternoon. I turn it down to 77 F. at night. It won’t run much because we go down to the high 60s.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Very late checkin and I have not read yet.

lousy night. I am just going to get over the counter sleepmedicine for now I have decided. I don't want to take the xanax as that is for anxiety, so I will start with tylenol pm or something similar.

Went to church, had a long coffee hour discussion then went to lunch (where I had french toast) and visited with my friend for a very long time (they let us sit there and chat as long as we want when not croweded).

Got home after three (more like three thirty) called son and then spent forty minutes on phone with daughter. Not at all sure that sister had covid rather than a week of the creeping crud as she did not test to start I dont think but she is better now.

I should walk outside and I should do some house stuff, it will be one or the other at this point, lol.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:07 pm You did a lot of work! Carrying the slabs of rock and leveling the bricks are especially exhausting. You’ll be sore tomorrow, I think. Well done!
I already feel sore. DH helped me break up and carry the biggest slabs of rock, which I greatly appreciated. The shards from breaking it up came in handy as fill for raising up the bricks. I think there used to be a gutter down spout there that made the soil sink and the edge of the brick path had become a tripping hazard over time.

There's more trimming of vines to do on the fence and the front flower bed needs some more mulch, but that can wait for next weekend.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

chocolite wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:12 pm Sheila, I wondered why I never saw you on FB anymore, lol.

Quilter, thinking of you. Hope you can get an implant, then replace the bridge. I had that happen a few years ago, but it wasn’t in the front. More on the side and toward the back. Anyway, it did take a while to get it all done. Now I’m overly cautious when it comes to cleaning my teeth, and especially that area, because I sure don’t want anything to happen to that (very expensive) fix.

Hello, all and Happy Sunday. I’ve been playing online most of the morning. Hobbes and Audrey seem to switch off who sits with me. At the moment, it’s Audrey, stretched out on the foot rest of my recliner and allowing me about six inches for my legs. She’s so generous. She’s such a long little dog. Built low to the ground but super l-o-n-g.

Thanks for the movie suggestions. We ended up watching Lord Jim, with a very young, very good-looking Peter O’Toole and James Mason, whom I’ve loved for a long time. It was a really good movie. Very long though…about 2.5 hours. It did that thing where the action builds and builds, coming to a climax and then a resolution. Which you think is the ending, but it’s not. The action builds again with a new subplot. I’ve never really been a fan of this kind of movie. The second part always fails to hold my attention like the first part did. Maybe that’s just me, but I suspect it’s true of a lot of folks.

It's a really nice day here. Sunny and 70° -- just perfect. I’d love to be outside walking and enjoying the sunshine. But I’m feeling pretty unsteady, so it’s not happening today. I slept well last night and got up around 7.

I’m thinking of fixing a center slice of ham in a foil packet with sweet potatoes and pineapple. I used to do that years ago and DH always loved it. Said it tasted like a holiday in a packet, lol.
No implant. Absolutely not. I refuse under any circumstances. I have four of my own teeth left and want to make those as strong as anchors as possible. I already have a full denture on top and a bridge on the bottom. I will either get this bridge fixed, or I will get a new one with a tooth added. Once I put my top denture in I am presentable with a small gap and can funciton and eat and so on, so I am going to see multiple people and take my time-infection is not an issue.

Due to my accident I lose teeth on a regular basis. Heck its fifty years later and a bone chip from the shattered jaws still pops out on occasion when I am brushing or checking my teeth. Eventually I will have a full bottom but I avoid that as long as possible.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sun that was shining so nicely all morning disappeared this afternoon. I was working on my knitting and then all of a sudden when I finished the thumb gusset on the mitten realized I was making another right side mitten... Had to rip it back and now am starting over again. Sighs, I could have finished the last of this pair tonight.

Getting supper started, and I am using pantry items and a container of meat sauce from the chest freezer.

Got my menus done for next month taking into account what needs using. I also got the extra cleaning/monthly cleaning list made as well. Grocery list is pretty much complete. I will be checking the cost of hams and turkey and making my decision on what we will have for Easter.

Talk to you all again tomorrow.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/