Daily Check In March 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In March 27, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from mom’s house. I did not get as much accomplished as I hoped. Watering took far longer than expected. Long story. I planted the begonias. I swept the garage and had enough discards for one bag of trash. I dropped off the items in my car trunk at Salvation Army. It is hot and I got very sweaty. Just took a shower.

On a positive note I already got the credit on my cc for the entire plane ticket, $1,232. I knew I’d get the $531 but thought the $701 from Copenhagen would remain an e ticket to use by the end of 2023. A big plus because now I don’t have to find a way to use the $701 on Delta or lose it. I will only credit my 2023 budget with the $531 since the $701 is from 2022. I’ll put it in the same place as my tax refund. My weird budgeting. I also got the $86 from the travel insurance.

Supposedly my puzzles are supposed to arrive today.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Well Mackie, I was correct...I am sore from yesterdays yardwork. I can feel every bone in my butt this morning and they are screaming LOL :lol:
I should have taken a tylenal before bed but didn't. :?

I have been to town this AM , ran errands, picked up a few things at the grocery store, the only things marked down were salad kits so got 3, also 6 # of butter as that is the limit. I will be making some whipped short bread.
Went to Home Depot and bought the magenta colored paint for the outside wicker furniture. I have it in the garage to be completely dried out before painting. I took stuff to the recycle depot before starting my errands circuit.

Came home put stuff away and made my smoothie, enough for 2 days. I have 3 quarts of milk heating to become yogurt sometime this afternoon. It works out much cheaper to make my own yogurt, and it takes very little time and effort to do it.
I have some house chores to do and am thawing ground beef, was very tempted to buy some ready meals at the pricy store. Quilter talking about them made me look at them. Cooking for one sucks and while I have everything imaginable to cook sometimes I just want something that someone else made. LOL
Meat loaf sounded good but they didn't have a meatloaf ready meal...maybe next time.

FloridaCat, great news on getting your refunds. Sorry you aren't going to France but...it sounds like they are having some issues over there...I like peace and calm....not getting in the middle of strikes and issues.
Off to get something done.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got most of the electrical stuff done. They put in a new box and breakers. The others were old and no longer available

They went up into the attic and saw other stuff that has to be fixed. Also going to replace the electrical outlets.

I’m tired and I didn’t even do anything!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

casadekitty wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:38 pm Hello all,
Well Mackie, I was correct...I am sore from yesterdays yardwork. I can feel every bone in my butt this morning and they are screaming LOL :lol:
I should have taken a tylenal before bed but didn't. :?

I have been to town this AM , ran errands, picked up a few things at the grocery store, the only things marked down were salad kits so got 3, also 6 # of butter as that is the limit. I will be making some whipped short bread.
Went to Home Depot and bought the magenta colored paint for the outside wicker furniture. I have it in the garage to be completely dried out before painting. I took stuff to the recycle depot before starting my errands circuit.

Came home put stuff away and made my smoothie, enough for 2 days. I have 3 quarts of milk heating to become yogurt sometime this afternoon. It works out much cheaper to make my own yogurt, and it takes very little time and effort to do it.
I have some house chores to do and am thawing ground beef, was very tempted to buy some ready meals at the pricy store. Quilter talking about them made me look at them. Cooking for one sucks and while I have everything imaginable to cook sometimes I just want something that someone else made. LOL
Meat loaf sounded good but they didn't have a meatloaf ready meal...maybe next time.

FloridaCat, great news on getting your refunds. Sorry you aren't going to France but...it sounds like they are having some issues over there...I like peace and calm....not getting in the middle of strikes and issues.
Off to get something done.

JCKitty
I took Tylenol last night and got up feeling okay except for being so fatigued that I fell asleep in the chair after breakfast. But I perked up after having a smoothie for lunch and went out to work on the side fence some more. Finally got everything done, secured and the ground cleaned up.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Late check in. I had an okay night b ut got a slow start.

Not sure how I did it, but I went off to my gals group lunch today and it is tomorrow, lol. Not my best moment. Not the end of the earth, because I had an order to pick up. Monday is never a no spend day around these parts.

I picked up some groceries, lets just say I spent more than I expected but it was not all food items. they were out of roasted chicken and gave me meat from a roasted chicken which is fine with me as a sub, so I guess I'll have chicken and biscuits this evening.

I am now butt down and legs up on the recliner. I walked twenty minutes and it was a very rough one today, so I will be doing some around the house ten minute hikes between now and bed here. my feet are swollen. but I had a pile of hersheys kisses, so a walking and a water guzzling we will go, lol.

I got some batting that is supposed to be specifically for potato bags and cozies. I'm unclear how this is different from my different warm and natural which is all cotton and generally my preferred batting but we will see.

I did not have lunch as such so I am going to eat around five or so and then have a hot dog or something later if I need it.

Off to get myself organized.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone,
It's been a beautiful day here in Maine. We hit 50 degrees today. I went to my favorite neighborhood market and picked up some sale items. I also bought Italian Sandwiches for lunch. DH has been craving them. I spent $29.50, groceries and sandwiches.

I've balanced my checkbook, paid bills, visited with a neighbor (she sent me home with lasagna and breadsticks. done two loads of laundry, gave myself a mani and pedi today, been to the bank and sent some thank you cards. I still need to sweep and water plants today.

I feel like I'm not doing enough "real" chores around here. But, I am busy all day long. :D

I feel so bad about the school shooting in Nashville today. I've been in so many active shooter drills at my school district. I wish the shootings would end.

The state sent me a letter saying I need to sign up and get fingerprinted in order to be recertified as a teacher. All because the district messed up and didn't send in my paperwork like they were supposed to. I need to call the state because the website has two choices, new to teaching or new to the state. I'm neither and am actually certified right now. My current certification does not expire until July. The hassel makes me wonder if it is worth it, but one never knows what the future holds and I want to be paid as a certified teacher if I need to teach or substitute.

Have great evening everyone!
Julie