Daily Check In March 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In March 27, 2023

Post by Beverley »

For some reason when I click the link and goo there it does not show a link for the actual picture itself. I copied and pasted the link so I don't know what's going on.

Bev
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Beverley wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 pm For some reason when I click the link and goo there it does not show a link for the actual picture itself. I copied and pasted the link so I don't know what's going on.

Bev
It might be a file name issue if you're using an Apple product or a browser other than Edge, Chrome or Firefox so I've uploaded the file under a different name. Try the link below. I've tested this one by copy and paste as well as selecting the link and right clicking on it and when menu pops up clicking on Open link and both work for me. It shouldn't go to a page, only pull up the image as it is a direct link to the image.

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/GoldMandala.jpg
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

chocolite wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:21 pm Oops, I didn't read far enough! Sorry Logics, I see it. It's lovely!!
Thank you.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:10 pm Logics,

I don't know how you have the patience to do such beautiful work. I get all freaked out that it isn't looking right and get high anxiety about "perfection" and had to stop trying to do coloring to relax or for fun. I'm very impressed with your work. And that you can't tell how many colors as you have blended them so well. Gorgeous!!

MJ
Trust me, I don't put a lot of patience into all my coloring pages and I don't blend colors on all of them either. I've had several "fails" along the way and have started some pictures over 3 and 4 times just because I liked the picture. I watched You Tube video after video in my spare time and couldn't understand how some of these people create the work that they do. Chris Cheng is my absolute favorite although I could never come close to what she does and to be honest, I wouldn't want to. Now watching HER not only frustrates me but drives me up the wall. She'll use 10 different colors to color one part of a flower and jumps all over the place in coloring an object. I'm OK with the fact that I don't have her talent or that of people who are truly artists. I also don't want to turn coloring into a job. I only want to have fun with it and pass some time.

One's coloring doesn't have to be perfect. I do, understand how you feel though as I, too, find myself at times aiming for the allusiveness of "perfection". But when I do, I just decide it's time to put the page away until next time.

If you like to color, give it another shot. Be selective in the pictures you choose; avoid the "busy" pages. Choose an occasional picture from among some of the pages posted for children coloring which typically feature images with more coloring space. Don't worry about blending any of the colors. If you use only 1 color, use layers starting with light pressure on the pencil in some areas and then heavier pressure in others to show a contrast of sorts. Don't color more than 1 hour at a time and if on occasion you feel that 30 minutes is enough then that's OK too.