Daily Check In March 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In March 27, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee so decided to start us off this morning. Back as quickly as possible.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 27, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Usual Monday happening here. Today the temperature when I woke up was 5 degrees cooler....Not a happy camper here at all. I don't know if I will dress and head out for a walk today or not. It depends on what the "feels like" temperature is. No snow over night, they have moved that joy to sometime today. Hopefully the little they are predicting.

I got all I wanted done yesterday, except I made an error on the mitt I was knitting and had to take it back to the beginning. I managed to get back almost to where I was before. Hoping to finish this size today and cast on for the size 12 next. Should be close to using up the last bit of this skein of black yarn by then and can perhaps start the next part ball of black yarn. This using things up is tough at times. I have two rather large bags of leftover bits of yarn suitable to a pair of mitts or two, up to full scale orphan skeins and balls that could make three or four pairs of mitts. This could take awhile.

Household tasks to keep the old homestead functioning are the usual that I do on Mondays, with a couple of extra thrown in since it is getting close to the end of the month. One was redoing the menu for the beginning of the week and realizing that I need to bring up one more meal from the freezers downstairs. Not a rough week of cooking for me as I will be using a couple of ready meals I had made, as well as some leftovers made into something new.

Tomorrow I head out grocery shopping, the list is done, and I went through my pantry to see if I could use any of the sale items to stock up on sale at the old regular price. Found a couple of items are needed so added those to the list.

Hope I can talk Hubby into going to the travel agent with me tomorrow and getting started on planning our trip. He even said he was getting excited just thinking about it.

Frugally no cash will be spent today, and if I can I will get out for a very short walk (perhaps to the corner and back a few times) for exercise. As much as possible will be dried on the lines downstairs, and I will continue to make the best use of what I have available and what needs to be used up.

Supper tonight will be the leftover chicken made into a meal. I was going to make chicken salad for sandwiches, but thought nope, use it to make something delicious for our evening meal. Not quite sure what will be fashioned but hopefully it will taste wonderful.

Today I am grateful to have choices on what I eat or what I do. I have a roof over my head when so many don't.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I plan on sewing some things this morning. ‘

I was thinking about my first sewing machine. I know what it was. But it was totally the wrong machine for a first sewing machine. In a family where no one sewed. I know that a cousin sewed. Now I am wondering if instead of trading in her machine my parents got it for the about of what would have been the trade in and she got a brand new sewing machine.

There is no one to ask now of course. As I am the oldest on both sides of the family.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Had some coffee and peanut butter toast and feel like I could go back to bed.

It's a lovely morning: blue sky and fluffy clouds. Today would be grocery shopping day, but we don't need anything except the Squeeze-Ups our old cat enjoys for breakfast and some OTC meds. The main shopping can be put off a few days.

In cleaning out the linen closet last week, I found a king size fitted sheet we used for just a short time that can be cut down to back an old quilt that's been undergoing a major overhaul. It's a project I want out of the sewing bin because it's taking up so much space.

Hope everyone has a day of peace.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:20 am I plan on sewing some things this morning. ‘

I was thinking about my first sewing machine. I know what it was. But it was totally the wrong machine for a first sewing machine. In a family where no one sewed. I know that a cousin sewed. Now I am wondering if instead of trading in her machine my parents got it for the about of what would have been the trade in and she got a brand new sewing machine.

There is no one to ask now of course. As I am the oldest on both sides of the family.

Penny
Penny, did you see that a North Carolina bank has bought the assets of Silicon Valley Bank in the U.S. and will keep all the branches open. I hope this helps your granddaughter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/27/first-citizens-bank-to-buy-silicon-valley-banks-deposits-and-loans.html
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning. It was another rough start. I could not wake up and I could not get warm. Doing better now. Today I was able to reset the password on this old laptop that belonged to my ex. Really making progress with my technology these days.

There are a number of things I want to accomplish today but if I get the bills paid and paperwork organized, I will call it a success.

I guess the good news is I won't have to buy a new laptop - or pay to get this one reset. I have had my coffee and some peanut butter crackers to try to kick start my energy. Off to make a boiling hot cup of tea.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz