Daily Check in March 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in March 28, 2023

Post by chocolite »

Evening, girls. Late check in for me, but I didn't want to miss another day. We've had a pretty day here (sorry for you girls in the frozen north). Tomorrow if the stars align I'm going to try to go to "my" bench on the lake and sit for awhile in the sunshine. Supposed to be in the low to mid-60s which is perfect to me. And if I can't make it, I'll aim for Thursday. The rain comes back on Friday and I really hope I can do it before then.

Today was a busy day...at least in my small world, lol. We had our A/C units cleaned and serviced. And (of course) the tech found an issue with one of them, basically a battery that was failing and needed to be replaced. I'm so disgusted. We bought that unit only 7 years ago and it's a Trane. They're supposed to last forever! It makes me so mad that they design things now to only last so long, as opposed to the way things used to be built - to last. Oh well...it had to be done or it could've fried the whole system.

I had two different Zoom sessions today with two different writing challenges that I'm currently involved in. So it was educational and inspirational. I also traded several emails with writing buddies from York, England and here in the US. April is going to be a super busy month for me, as it's the official start of my rewrite and I'm doing a 30-day flash fiction challenge as well.

My feet, unfortunately, are getting a bit more "buzzy" as time goes on. Still, they are a good bit better than they were. I'll be anxious to see what the doctor's nurse practitioner says when I see her - but that's not until April 18th. Hopefully, they will schedule me for another block. It would be great if the blocks could sort of layer on the relief, wouldn't it?

Supper tonight was pork roast, brown rice, black eyed peas, and the last of the turnip greens. DH pronounced it "good" and I'll take it. :-)

It's heartbreaking watching the coverage of the tornado victims just to our south and the school shooting just to our east. I saw where one young woman and her two young sons were made homeless by the tornado, so they all went to her mother's house. Then the following night, a generator caught fire at the mother's house, destroying it. Just misery upon misery. I'm feeling the need to take another break from the news in the near future. I can only take so much.
Patty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone!
It has been a good day. I woke up, went walking at the senior senior and then did chair yoga. I mailed some bills on the way home.

I've swept floors, mopped floors and worked n cleaning the basement. I've sent some emails and registered for a conference. Watered the house plants and cleaned some of the basement. Recycling is set for tomorrow.

Lunch was leftover corn chowder and homemade olive bread. Dinner was baked potatoes with broccoli, cheese and bacon and spinach salad. Yum Yum! It was good.

I need to plan what I take out of the freezer next. I need a better meal plan,

I have a lovely list of household tasks and errands to run today and just remembered I did not put down entering budget and filing papers on one of the remaining days of the month for a task.

What do you all use for budgeting and filing papers? I need a system!

Regards,
Julie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:48 pm Hello Everyone!
It has been a good day. I woke up, went walking at the senior senior and then did chair yoga. I mailed some bills on the way home.

I've swept floors, mopped floors and worked n cleaning the basement. I've sent some emails and registered for a conference. Watered the house plants and cleaned some of the basement. Recycling is set for tomorrow.

Lunch was leftover corn chowder and homemade olive bread. Dinner was baked potatoes with broccoli, cheese and bacon and spinach salad. Yum Yum! It was good.

I need to plan what I take out of the freezer next. I need a better meal plan,

I have a lovely list of household tasks and errands to run today and just remembered I did not put down entering budget and filing papers on one of the remaining days of the month for a task.

What do you all use for budgeting and filing papers? I need a system!

Regards,
Julie
Julie, I use Excel spread sheets on my computer to keep track of my budget. And then I have a binder with tabs to file my bills in. Three hole punch and put in behind the tab for that expense.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/