Daily Check in March 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 28, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Friends!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in March 28, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

So I got a call from the body shop. No my car is not done, They are still waiting on a Nationally Backordered mount bracket. But they have new management. I thanked the guy more than once for calling me. I calmly stated that I have NOT had a good experience for which he apologized and said that he was new and is looking to restructure.

I have another certification exam scheduled for late afternoon. So I may end up grabbing some dinner and bringing it home. Yesterday I had to go get my calcium level re-tested before seeing my Doctor tomorrow. The lab closed at 5:00 and my support group meeting was at 7:00 nearby, so it made no sense to go home. I went and grabbed soup and half a sandwich at McAllister's and studied my exam notes.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Maggie and all.

Maggie, thank goodness the Body Shop now has new management!! Very promising that they would call you. It is understandable that some parts are back ordered but the previous management sounded very, very disorganized - didn’t realize the had your car for a week or more. Here’s hoping for better luck now with your car.

It is super foggy this morning. I can only see a few feet across my small yard.

Today is my good friend’s birthday. This is the friend who accompanied me to my doctor visits and stayed with me before surgery and wouldn’t go home until she saw me in my room even though I called her from the recovery room and told her she could go home. I’m taking her to lunch and asked her husband to lunch, also. He drove me home both times from the hospital and helped my friend set up my home. I’ll treat him to lunch, too. Really, really good people and good friends. (He is an American success story, grew up dirt poor, no inside bathroom with his single mother. His ticket out of poverty was college basketball. Super hard worker and still mostly frugal even though he is now wealthy.)

I’ll go to mom’s house later. There are two fairly large pieces of art (not done by my mom) that I’ll put in my car to donate. There are others I’m undecided on yet. Several nice paintings done by one of mom’s housecleaning customers. They don’t really mean anything to me but I’ll decide later.

Puzzles did not arrive yesterday, hopefully today.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Winter has arrived back on the Canadian prairies. Yesterday evening the snow began to fall and seems to still be falling. Very light, and small flakes so it has not amounted to a great deal as of yet. I took a quick gander at our upcoming weather and snow is forecast a couple of days this week. It is -23C but feels like -34C. Sure glad that when I asked Hubby to pull the garbage bin to the curb I got him to plug in the block heater on the vehicle. It is supposed to go up to -10C at some point today, but will still be cloudy.

I have a lovely list of household tasks and errands to run today and just remembered I did not put down entering budget and filing papers on one of the remaining days of the month for a task. Must be getting a bit forgetful in my old age or just don't want to know how much we have spent this month. I hope to get a few of them accomplished before I leave the house to go shopping.

I finished the other size 8 mitt and now am working on a size 12 mitt. All out of the black leftover balls of yarn from other projects. Pretty sure I can get another size 4 out of the yarn when I finish the size I am working on. Then the small balls will be put back into the plastic drawer I use for yarn bits and bobs. I am hoping to finish or at least almost finish this pair by early tomorrow. I can hardly wait to start another colour, probably green or cream next, give my eyes a bit of a rest and they are also more boyish colours I think. I can then start on the pinks, purples, and such which are more girl colours.

Other than the errands of shopping, bank and getting fuel for the vehicle, it is a wash, rinse and repeat kind of Tuesday here on the old homestead. I do plan on dropping off the articles of clothing at the second hand store, but since I will do so on the way to conduct my shopping I will not be going in. The will not be open for business. I may even get in and clean up in the sewing room a bit. There is stuff to put away, those pesky labels to finish off, and some counters to dust. I don't know why that room is always so disorganized and cluttered, I always seem to be tidying in there.... Oh wait, it is sometimes used as the catchall room. It can be amazing what I find in there at times.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover chicken. I moved things around as I just did not want to stop knitting in order to make what I had planned. I cooked tonight's dinner in its place as all I had to do was pull it out of the fridge freezer, and stick it in the oven.

Today I am grateful for the winter tires still on the vehicle, and that I have the car in 4 wheel drive in case of ice.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a cloudy day with the temp expected to reach the high 40s.

Had some trouble getting to sleep last night and finally went back to bed around midnight. Got up about 6:00 which wasn't too bad.

Walked to the jewelers yesterday for the watch battery but discovered he was closed. Will have to go back today. I also need to pick up some bananas. I also want to take a trip to the supermarket as I want to get bananas to last me till Friday. There's also some sale priced cheese, .99 each for shredded or chunk cheese - can't pass that up. Usually they only allow 1 offer, but this week it's 2 so I will pick up one of each and it will be free because I still have money on the gift card.

Have made my salads for the next week or so. I'm half an hour in with my exercise. Will have to fit in another hour before the day is out.

Today I will play some online games, look for another coloring page or two and start another book.

I can't stop looking at my gold mandala piece. This is truly the only one of my coloring pages that I have been thinking about putting into a frame.

Dinner tonight will be a ramen stir fry.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, that is so frustrating about your car, but at least the shop called you for once.

FloridaCat, that is so lovely about your friend and her husband. They are really good friends. You are making excellent progress on the house.

Jackie, it does seem like winter is going to hang on forever there. :-(

I am up and puttering around with coffee in hand. It's so nice to look out the den window at the fence I finished yesterday and see everything looking so ship-shape. Beautiful Dora Kitty is lying in the same window watching the world.

Today I must go grocery shopping. I also need a haircut, but just don't have the motivation to drive over the river to get one.

Must get moving on the grocery run, as it looks like rain again today. May everyone have a day of peace.
Mackie