Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello friends,

Saw my doctor today. She is stumped about my high levels of blood calcium and referred me to an endocrinologist. They were able to get me in tomorrow. They also added another diabetes drug, Trulicity. Although they had to jump through some hoops to get prior authorization. I will pick it up tomorrow. I never configured a local pharmacy near me. But since I have to back down in the area tomorrow... And even if I did have to travel down, I'd try to stop in to see DS1 & Family.

I got the Ok to continue with the OTC Prilosec. It does make a difference. I woke up last night with heartburn and spent most of the night sleeping lightly on the couch propped up. This all means I will run out this evening, probably to WalMart for the Prilosec and toilet paper. i also need some milk or coffee creamer.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Clem you have been given very good advice so I hope you’ll take it. Floridacatlover well done on the raking of all those leaves. I’m glad they’re easy to dispose of with garbage collection. Here we’re limited to two bins per week. We have a recycling program for paper, plastic, glass and tin cans. Everything else, including produce waste must go into the garbage. Larger items, even things like a laundry basket, for example must be hauled to the dump by yourself and at additional cost. Patty you absolutely should get out and enjoy some sunshine! Well done on your writing too!

I didn’t go snowshoeing this afternoon simply because I had too much to catch up on. I did a huge grocery haul from Superstore this morning and they seemed very short of cashiers. With a $300 plus order. I didn’t want to use self check out. I received a free Butterball turkey in return. And hopefully will be kept out of any grocery store for many days to come.

We have a different cable tv package arranged with Shaw who also provides our internet. Dh negotiated and we’ll be paying a whopping $30 less a month. That’s a huge savings even though it did take almost all morning.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:11 pm The only problem with old houses is the ravages of time. Stuff does wear out and then it's expensive to fix.

DH saw me going through books and joined in. We stood there asking each other "are you ever going to read this again?" The end result filled the back seat of my car. We still have loads of books we could not part with.

After dropping off at Goodwill, I popped into Dollar and a Quarter Tree for dusters, cubes of Scottie's tissue, and chocolate. Came home, got out of the car and saw a toddler in a diaper running down the street alone, so I got DH and we took off after her.

We finally caught up with her and quickly realized she was about 4 years old and developmentally disabled, as she could hear but could not talk. DH took her hand and we started walking back the way she came while I kept up a line of soothing chatter. Up at the top of the hill we saw a woman running through yards looking frantic. The little girl ran right to her. Turned out she's the babysitter and the little girl, who is autistic, had slipped out of the gate.

That was more excitement than we were expecting. And exercise, as she was moving fast. I hope they put a lock on that gate. Whew!
The old house next to us was recently remodeled. They put in vinyl siding. The COD said we should do that.

After he came too from my punching him he said okay. No.

Just kidding. I didn’t punch him. An old house has to maintain its historical significance.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I do not miss home ownership in genera, proibably because this particular apartment home complex has lots of green and it's own walkways and stuff.

Somehow (the Lord only knows) I am in a position where I have no sewing needles and I think this one has a small burr. So I will cut and prepare everything I can (book sleeves, bowl cozies and so on) and get the needles tomorrow. Unless I decide to venture out and put on a bra here shortly - but it is already heading towards rush hour so probably not.

I took off my smartwatch because it died and now it is somewhere. I just have no idea where said smart watch is and because it's deader than a doornail, find your device is not exactly working here.

Sigh.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Household tasks completed which makes my day. I did not do the drop off at the Salvation Army. I will wait until my dentist appointment on the 5th, do the drop off and pick up anything that is necessary for the holiday and time with youngest DS.

Finished the size 12 mitts and cast on for another size 4. Hopefully I will get those and another size 8 out of this black yarn.

Now I am off to do a bit of tidying up in the sewing/craft room. Hoping to fit a few more balls of yarn into one or two of the drawers now that I have cleaned out lots of yarn to use on these mitts.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I spent the day assisting my mother. We changed the bedding on my parents' beds and then pulled stuff from her attic for her yard sale. She put more back on the shelves than she sent to the yard sale pile - no surprises there.
The volume of STUFF gives rise to my anxiety. Boxes and boxes of newspaper clippings, three huge garbage bags full of artificial flowers, enough holiday decorations for 8 families, clothing (men's, women's, children's - all sizes), jars, oil lamps, books, material, crafting stuff, wreaths, curtain rods, I have only scratched the surface. 99% put back because she is "saving it." O.K.A.Y.

Made some progress. We unpacked 7 huge boxes of magazines (Country Living, Country Life, Cottage Living, Victoria, etc.) and only put 2 huge boxes back. Convinced her to part with a couple dozen coffee mugs and some old patterns. Also she had put aside a big stack of cookbooks for the sale before I got there.

I took lunch - homemade mac & cheese and meatballs in tomato sauce and my brother came and ate - it was nice. Also took a salad kit that we split 4 ways and my parents' neighbor brought over homemade cookies for dessert.

Now DD will go spend a day and carry the piles of stuff for the sale downstairs and help put price tags on it. Plus there is more stuff to go through - and ANOTHER WHOLE HOUSE to go through.

Home to my sparsely furnished, minimalist abode and very grateful for it. Have showered, made grilled cheese with tomato for supper. DD and her SO let the cat out into my part of the house and he was happily playing with my dogs when I got home. No plans for the rest of the evening.

Off to read what you all are up to. Very happy for Owned that Cindy came home - what a wonderful blessing!!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz