Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:20 pm I agree with the others that you should see a GI doctor if you haven't already. I suffer from acid reflux. If the acid is allowed to run up into your throat during the night while you sleep your throat can narrow which happened to me. Doesn't hurt to be on the preventative side of the fence.
Yes. I had to go to the ER a few months ago. They put me on some meds. But yes. I need to get this investigated more.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:50 pm I spent the day assisting my mother. We changed the bedding on my parents' beds and then pulled stuff from her attic for her yard sale. She put more back on the shelves than she sent to the yard sale pile - no surprises there.
The volume of STUFF gives rise to my anxiety. Boxes and boxes of newspaper clippings, three huge garbage bags full of artificial flowers, enough holiday decorations for 8 families, clothing (men's, women's, children's - all sizes), jars, oil lamps, books, material, crafting stuff, wreaths, curtain rods, I have only scratched the surface. 99% put back because she is "saving it." O.K.A.Y.

Made some progress. We unpacked 7 huge boxes of magazines (Country Living, Country Life, Cottage Living, Victoria, etc.) and only put 2 huge boxes back. Convinced her to part with a couple dozen coffee mugs and some old patterns. Also she had put aside a big stack of cookbooks for the sale before I got there.

I took lunch - homemade mac & cheese and meatballs in tomato sauce and my brother came and ate - it was nice. Also took a salad kit that we split 4 ways and my parents' neighbor brought over homemade cookies for dessert.

Now DD will go spend a day and carry the piles of stuff for the sale downstairs and help put price tags on it. Plus there is more stuff to go through - and ANOTHER WHOLE HOUSE to go through.

Home to my sparsely furnished, minimalist abode and very grateful for it. Have showered, made grilled cheese with tomato for supper. DD and her SO let the cat out into my part of the house and he was happily playing with my dogs when I got home. No plans for the rest of the evening.

Off to read what you all are up to. Very happy for Owned that Cindy came home - what a wonderful blessing!!!
I would be SO overwhelmed by all that stuff. I feel like clutter actually makes my brain hurt.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:23 pm Mackie..Thank God you spotted that child!!!!
If I had taken the short way home, I would not have seen her, but I was absent-minded and went the long way, which caused me to pull into our driveway just as she went toddling past it. I think God's hand was in that. There's no telling what could have happened to her since she is friendly -- she came right to us when we caught up to her -- but cannot speak.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:12 pm Sheila,
I am by no means a minimalist but that level of hoarding and "stuff" would probably trigger me also.
Do you think your DD can talk her into parting with more stuff?

Bless your heart, you are a good daughter.
JCKitty
Omg. I was embarrassed to have my cousins go through the house to check the issues. The COD is a big time hoarder

For example he has four vehicles that he is going to fix one day.

This might be the final countdown. His Fay was a hoarder also
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Very late check-in for me today. And I did hardly a single thing! Well, I did nothing! LOL

I was up with Lily Gurl at 6 am so she could have her morning constitutional. I got her fed and had some of Sheila's granola for breakfast. Lily Gurl went right back on the snooze but not me! It just wasn't in the cards for me today. No snooze and no nap! I might make it to bed before 11 pm tonight!

I went for lunch today. I was really good spaghettie and a really nice green salad and soup. I didn't take any of the macaroni salad or green beans today. I did get a larger helping of the green salad though. Had a couple of cups of coffee and came back over to Lily's house.

I didn't go home to do any work as I remembered I was meeting up with my sister-in-law at McDonald's after her grandkids are done with their doctor's appointments. They all have the same doctor so that makes it easier for Cathy. I met up with her to give her the plaque that Sherry and I put together for her. It was a field of daisies with only one daisy in focus in the forground and big. The off to the side in a see through white square were the lyrics of the song they used for Mylissa's (Cathy's 30-year old daughter) memorial service. I gave her that package and told her to open it carefully as I didn't want her to accidentally drop it and break a corner of something. The packaging was pretty good but you never know. She unwrapped it and turned it over to see the plaque and started crying. It meant so much to her and others to have that song so having a plaque with her little wildflower represented and the lyrics really touched her. We put it together for her the same day I gave her the song and she said she would use it for the service. It has come to mean a great deal to her and Mylissa's friends. That's good that we found an appropriate memorial gift for her.

This afternoon, I TRIED to have a nap because I am tired but no go. That was okay. I started watching a Netflix series called Emergency: NYC. It was really good. I'll be looking for something else for tomorrow. Tonight I am watching CNN and if I've had enough of this? I'll look at Turner Classic Movies and see what is on over there.

No big plans tomorrow. I got two brand new Instant Pot Cookbooks off of Facebook Marketplace and plan on reading through them for instructions on the Instant Pot (more than the manual) and also checking out recipes. I just love that thing!

It is quite cold for me today. I've been under the blankets anytime I've been inside and tonight is no different. I wish I was at home with my heated throw blanket. sigh

Well, maybe I will go get a cup of coffee and try to do a bit of warming up from the inside out!

That's the skinny from here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Mackie, thank goodness you found that child - you were put in the right place at the right time!! One of my ex's children has autism and he was a "runner" - it's not easy.

Having a hard time winding down tonight. The dogs are restless too, which is unhelpful. I am a bit sore from a lot of yard work yesterday and a lot of heavy lifting today.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz