Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in March 29, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

All house chores are done, even added some extras....finished the outline of the flowerbed with the twig half hoops. I would like to add more as I trim and prune in the yard. Everyone likes it that has seen it so far. Strung some beads and added them to a mobile that lost one section of dragonflies....balances it out and I like the way it looks.
It has spit rain off and on all afternoon, I left the dog laundry on the outdoor lines. I will bring them in tomorrow. Sun is shining again but it is chilly. Need some sunshine and solar heat!

My midmorning smoothie was fresh pineapple, banana and yogurt and it was very tasty, and filling. I do believe supper will be salad and mac and cheese.
Tomorrow I hope to clean up the area the perennial sweet peas are in and possibly will divide and transfer some of them to an area in the front of the house.
I also hope to work on the rocker, doing it in the garage so hopefully it will warm up a bit.
Looking at a bigger pop up greenhouse online, I am so very tempted. :roll:

JCKitty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Sheila,
I am by no means a minimalist but that level of hoarding and "stuff" would probably trigger me also.
Do you think your DD can talk her into parting with more stuff?

Bless your heart, you are a good daughter.
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:37 am Good morning

Work continues on the street. So loud

Work continues inside the house. I really wanted to stay in bed

I don’t feel good. Stomach again. Kept gagging. Dry heaving. Yuck

Hope I can make it through the day.

Thank you.
I agree with the others that you should see a GI doctor if you haven't already. I suffer from acid reflux. If the acid is allowed to run up into your throat during the night while you sleep your throat can narrow which happened to me. Doesn't hurt to be on the preventative side of the fence.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze, the only way I could clean up my mother's house was when she was in the hospital for several weeks. It was impossible to get anything done with her present. You get major good daughter points for being able to make progress at all.

After checking the bank balance, I decided not to go to the hardware store today. I put new blades in the razor comb this evening -- it uses double-sided shaving blades -- and gave myself a short, layered haircut. That saves me $24 and the trouble of driving into the big city to get it cut.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:11 pm The only problem with old houses is the ravages of time. Stuff does wear out and then it's expensive to fix.

DH saw me going through books and joined in. We stood there asking each other "are you ever going to read this again?" The end result filled the back seat of my car. We still have loads of books we could not part with.

After dropping off at Goodwill, I popped into Dollar and a Quarter Tree for dusters, cubes of Scottie's tissue, and chocolate. Came home, got out of the car and saw a toddler in a diaper running down the street alone, so I got DH and we took off after her.

We finally caught up with her and quickly realized she was about 4 years old and developmentally disabled, as she could hear but could not talk. DH took her hand and we started walking back the way she came while I kept up a line of soothing chatter. Up at the top of the hill we saw a woman running through yards looking frantic. The little girl ran right to her. Turned out she's the babysitter and the little girl, who is autistic, had slipped out of the gate.

That was more excitement than we were expecting. And exercise, as she was moving fast. I hope they put a lock on that gate. Whew!
Mackie..Thank God you spotted that child!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:47 pm I raked 9 1/2 bags of leaves and bougainvillea petals. It was in an area of easy raking but I’m still proud of myself. There’s probably another 1 1/2 bags for another day. I’ll put out 6 bags tomorrow when I go over to meet with the terrazzo guy. The rest will go out Monday. I’m glad I stayed with 2x a week trash pickup. The recycling pickup came while I was there. I ate 1/2 my sandwich from yesterday for lunch.
That is a LOT of raking! Dh and I are getting ready to rake up all the driveway stones that get snow plowed into the grass area. It is a miserable job. Waiting for the last of the snow to melt.