Daily Check In March 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In March 30, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Clem, sorry about your accident - feel better! Florida, I am so glad you are feeling better - those kinds of days are so hard. I think you found a good and honest person to do your floors!

Today I spent some of my Amazon gift card balance on a set of 6 new bath towels. I have a free trial of Prime till 4/9 so none of my balance was used for shipping. I noticed today while cleaning that my bath towels (all 6 of them) look really ratty and are ready to become dog towels. The current dog towels are ready to be cut up into cleaning rags -- they have taken a beating for years now.

I have been cleaning and doing laundry pretty much all day - I am ready to relax with a movie. Have a good evening, everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I’ll be okay. I’m just a whiner

So many people have bigger issues.

Thanks all for being so caring!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Still more pop up and piddle jobs done this afternoon. I remembered I have some cleaner for wood that I was able to use on even more lawn furniture. Because of the shape of my house and yard I have outdoor furniture in 4 different places. I have 2 glider chairs that haven't been painted for quite some time and were looking shabby. This cleaner you brush on and then the rain or whatever will wash off the "whatever".
So it will be ready for painting after it works and then we get a few dry days. They will be repainted with sunshine yellow.
I made a grilled tenderloin for a late lunch, used my George Forman grill and it worked great. I am loving that thing.
Probably a repeat of last nights supper...salad and mac and cheese. I need to box up the dozen eggs I got this morning and have cleaned. Then calling it quits for the evening.
Tomorrow we are supposed o get very unsettled weather.
Still sunny and a little chilly but not too bad.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Woman, get rid of that gate!!

Got three book/tech sleeves made of various sizes today (just the slip on, no button or flap for these. and another of the cloth easter baskets. Tomorrow I will need to decide whether to make another tote bag out of an unfinished quilt (requires quilting and them making lining and straps) or something like some bowl sozies. I know smaller things are smart a the craft fair but im not into sewing very little things. Lol.

I have decided on what I am making for the wedding gift. A throw that is very bright and some pillows to go with. All the fabric will be recycled from my or thrift items. They actually will love that part, lol.

I found a maxi dress I had forgotten I had and I think since it is sleeveless I will knit a shrug to go wtih in nice yarn and then I have two maxi dresses for the wedding without shopping. I have seen some fun, pretty things but I don't get dressed up like that often enough. So Ill take my mom of the bride dress for those who remember and this one to Tahoe.

off to clean up my dishes and then read or write or something not in the sewing room, she said!
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good evening beautiful people ,

Clem, so sorry to hear about your mishap with the gate. Have said some prayers and send you good thoughts! Floridacatlover, I personally think terrazzo floors are beautiful and should be well worthwhile restoring. We’re on a bit of a roll in home improvement ourselves. Getting the dining room chairs reupholstered and getting another new sink and faucet which Dh will once again install himself.

It’s been pretty cold here too Jackie. Didn’t get above freezing at any time. I have really enjoyed my winter sports but I’m now more than ready for my garden, bike and flowers!

This morning Dh and I went to the gym. We remained home in the afternoon and for once I had some time to relax. I did a few house chores but at a relaxed pace. Dh must have been tired too as he didn’t feel like going to Home Depot or Home Hardware to check out faucets or sinks and dragging me along.

Have a wonderful evening and peaceful sleep.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:53 pm Woman, get rid of that gate!!

Got three book/tech sleeves made of various sizes today (just the slip on, no button or flap for these. and another of the cloth easter baskets. Tomorrow I will need to decide whether to make another tote bag out of an unfinished quilt (requires quilting and them making lining and straps) or something like some bowl sozies. I know smaller things are smart a the craft fair but im not into sewing very little things. Lol.

I have decided on what I am making for the wedding gift. A throw that is very bright and some pillows to go with. All the fabric will be recycled from my or thrift items. They actually will love that part, lol.

I found a maxi dress I had forgotten I had and I think since it is sleeveless I will knit a shrug to go wtih in nice yarn and then I have two maxi dresses for the wedding without shopping. I have seen some fun, pretty things but I don't get dressed up like that often enough. So Ill take my mom of the bride dress for those who remember and this one to Tahoe.

off to clean up my dishes and then read or write or something not in the sewing room, she said!
I saw your fabric Easter basket on your blog. Really pretty! I love the fabrics you selected.