Daily Check In March 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In March 30, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Logics, you were very smart to check the label thoroughly. Very, very misleading.

Clem, you take care.

I wrote a long post and lost it. In a nutshell, I met with the terrazzo guy. It sounds good. It is $700 for both bathrooms and will take 1 1/2 days. It might not be perfect but I think it is worth a shot. I like the terrazzo. I’ll let him know in the next few days after I check on him a bit more.

I have felt like crying all day for no reason. Now home, I took an anxiety pill. I don’t like to take them every day but need it today.

Later I’ll listen to opening day of our baseball team at 3 p.m.

I’m cheering on Disney today because they quietly screwed Ron DeSantis’s retribution of Disney’s opposition to Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law.
Disney 1, DeSantis 0.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/desantis-board-disney-stripped-power-98217401
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Ugh. Good morning

Quiet day here today. Thank goodness. I’m just going to relax.

It happened again. I was in a hurry and didn’t get my leg completely over the dog gate. Down I went. This time cut the inside of my mouth. Lucky didn’t lose a tooth. My back is sore.

That thing has to go.

The Cod kept bringing me small ice packs and that helped

Wah. Send prayers and good thoughts. Thank you.
`

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:36 pm Ugh. Good morning

It happened again. I was in a hurry and didn’t get my leg completely over the dog gate. Down I went. This time cut the inside of my mouth. Lucky didn’t lose a tooth. My back is sore.

That thing has to go.

How about one you walk through instead of going over?

https://www.samsclub.com/p/safety-1st-easy-install-walk-through-gate/prod25791164?pid=PS_Google_Mot_AP_df_MISB_FY24MarchInstantSavings_df&19787200548&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=650744846371&wl4=pla-1971128509612&wl5=9026508&wl6=&wl7=&wl15=155305661508&wl16=&wl17=&wl18=&wl19=&wl20=CjwKCAjw5pShBhB_EiwAvmnNV9BiE6N2sG5VeQN_zZ8gUE9zrIJQXiLQWl8kM4oHDE9OmG_p58Q-8xoCenYQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAjw5pShBhB_EiwAvmnNV9BiE6N2sG5VeQN_zZ8gUE9zrIJQXiLQWl8kM4oHDE9OmG_p58Q-8xoCenYQAvD_BwE
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:36 pm Ugh. Good morning

That thing has to go.

Ch, Clem, so sorry. {{HUGS}} and prayers.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:59 pm Hello friends.

I’m cheering on Disney today because they quietly screwed Ron DeSantis’s retribution of Disney’s oppoition to Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law.
Disney 1, DeSantis 0.

That was the first thing I read this morning.

I don't normally applaud companies as large and wealthy as Disney but if they can stick it to authoritarian DeSantis, they get mine.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:44 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

A touch warmer out right now than yesterday, but still well below freezing. I just hope it warms up a bit by this afternoon.

Yesterday was a quiet day, as today will be as well. I get to do the budget (or at least those I know won't change today, and file those papers that I can. It will be finished off tomorrow on the final day of the month. I am keeping my fingers crossed as to how we did. I am also wondering if after May I should try the only shopping twice a month (get away from the every second week because of the times I have to shop three times in a month). I would love the once a month thing, but in reality fresh produce and fruit would suffer.
So that is really only 2 months out of the year that you would have the 3 shopping trips.

Since I am paid every 2 weeks, I personally would keep up the cadence. The mental gymnastics of 2x per month would be more that it was worth to me.

But if it works for you, go for it!