Daily Check In March 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In March 30, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:02 am Good morning all.

A bit chilly today with winds and the temp going up to low to mid 40s but there is plenty of sun.:)

Decided to go to the grocery store that was advertising a 67 oz bottle of Extra Virgin Olive oil for sale at about $9, a store that rarely has the oil sale specials. Found what I was looking for until I got to the end of the aisle and decided to read the label as it said olive oil blend. That in itself wasn't a putoff but when I read that it was 95% canola oil and said, nope and put it back.

When COVID first hit and then the food shortages it made sense for me to try to stick to grocery shopping only 2x a month, but now sales have improved and since the stores I shop are all within a 2 - 3 mile radius, I don't mind going once a week.

I am going to keep my options open today as to what I'm going to do. What I do know is that I've been spending far more time reading than anything else and I'd like to try to create a better balance.

Tonight I have chicken on the menu.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
That is crazy that a bottle labeled olive oil is 95% canola oil.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Bright and sunny here..but cold.
Sorting the refrigerator and using things up.
The zipper on my favorite light weight down jacket is worn out. To replace it is way beyond my sewing skills. I have been wearing this jacket for at least ten years. Other parts of the jacket are also wearing out...so I certainly got my moneys worth!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I also slept late. Breakfast was coffee and a banana enjoyed bundled up in the big chair. Dora Kitty dropped by to see me on her way to birdwatch at the den window.

Today there are a few errands to run. The screened porch needs to be vacuumed and there's more dusting to do. The pollen count is very high and that adds to the dusting every time we have the windows open.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!
Hope has a good imagination.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept pretty good and up at my regular time. Just getting things done.
I made a to-do list for today last night, kind of a brain dump....because I think too fast and then I just can't get it all down on paper sometimes. There are jobs that I want to do but don't want to get out of step with things.

I have all outside chores done for today, cannot transplant some sweet peas yet because they are not up enough that I can see to dig and not damage the root system. But the area is all cleaned up and I have sticks picked up from the back acre, the front needs a lot of work :roll: doing it a bit at a time.
Cleaned up some piles of brush/sticks and brought in wood. I keep thinking it will get warm enough to shut the wood stove down, but not yet. :(

I finally got the rocker painted, did it in the garage and found boards in the wood pile to use for the seat replacement. Painted them also. I will probably use liquid nails and screws to install the seat boards. Thinking twice about waterproofing fabric for the seat and back. I have noticed several outdoor cushions at the thrift stores and may very well go that direction.
I am tired and need a break. I need to go thru my fabric stash, I know I have some quilt squares that were pieced by family members, I think I will make them into throw cushions for the outdoor furniture. Light and easy to grab and bring in/out when needed. See what I mean when I say I "think "too much LOL.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Ugh. Good morning

Quiet day here today. Thank goodness. I’m just going to relax.

It happened again. I was in a hurry and didn’t get my leg completely over the dog gate. Down I went. This time cut the inside of my mouth. Lucky didn’t lose a tooth. My back is sore.

That thing has to go.

The Cod kept bringing me small ice packs and that helped

Wah. Send prayers and good thoughts. Thank you.