trump..INDITED!!!!!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: trump..INDITED!!!!!

Post by chocolite »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 pm I think it's a mistake, unless they are a million percent sure of conviction. Anything else gets him free publicity and sympathy and his presidential candidacy is already doing way too well.
I agree. I wish they would've waited for a more serious charge, but oh well. It's not like he's not GUILTY, it's just that it's a relatively minor charge/crime.
Patty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

chocolite wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:24 pm I agree. I wish they would've waited for a more serious charge, but oh well. It's not like he's not GUILTY, it's just that it's a relatively minor charge/crime.
There are over 30 charges to the indictment; it can't be just over the Stormy Daniel hush money.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:08 am There are over 30 charges to the indictment; it can't be just over the Stormy Daniel hush money.
I heard that other charges include other falsification of business documents as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:51 am I heard that other charges include other falsification of business documents as well.
I think some of this relates to things that were being investigated by two attorneys who resigned from the job because the previous DA didn't want to do anything about them. It also could include obstruction of justice and threats. Trump has been extremely vocal and in writing and pictures with his threats against DA Bragg where a cropped photograph since deleted but still available shows Trump standing behind Bragg holding a baseball bat looking like he was ready to hit him and then this threat of death and destruction if he was indicted.

One of the vloggers I listen to said he could come up with 8 counts that could pertain to the Daniels issue but no clue as to the other 22.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:00 am I think some of this relates to things that were being investigated by two attorneys who resigned from the job because the previous DA didn't want to do anything about them. It also could include obstruction of justice and threats. Trump has been extremely vocal and in writing and pictures with his threats against DA Bragg where a cropped photograph since deleted but still available shows Trump standing behind Bragg holding a baseball bat looking like he was ready to hit him and then this threat of death and destruction if he was indicted.

One of the vloggers I listen to said he could come up with 8 counts that could pertain to the Daniels issue but no clue as to the other 22.
We’ll likely find out on Tuesday.

Trump is already raising oodles of money (I thought he was a billionaire??) based on the indictment. The other GOP candidates, including the dreaded DeSantis, will now be on hold and won’t say a bad word about Trump. I have a very bad feeling about the 2024 election. If Trump is elected again, the USA is done.

Last night on PBS NewsHour both Karen Tumalty (WP) and David Brooks (NYT) said they wished the Georgia case had gone first. It is easier for voters who aren’t paying attention to understand Trump trying to subvert the election and there’s audio.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:08 am There are over 30 charges to the indictment; it can't be just over the Stormy Daniel hush money.
Wow, 30?! Okay, that makes me feel much better. :-)
Patty