Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jgomez1002

Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

Post by jgomez1002 »

Just to get us started.
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

Post by jgomez1002 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I just poured my mug of coffee and am looking at the news. The tornado's damage is horrendous. It snowed last night, but now is raining. The snow will melt quickly. Just yucky outside. I'm going to go to Save A Lot and Shaws. We went to Shaws yesterday, but some of the advertised specials were not available... they were not on the truck. It is a five minute drive and they are across the street from each other. I'll go this morning and grab the few items I want.

I got into bed last night and DH decided to take a shower. I couldn't stay awake long enough to hear if he was okay. I do worry about him falling without his brace on. He doesn't sleep well. I got up at 7:30 this morning and he says he was up at 4am. He is now in bed sleeping. I feel bad for him and anyone else that has issues sleeping. I sleep really good and sometimes feel guilty because I seldom have trouble sleeping.

Chores today include cleaning the bathroom, sweeping floors, going to the market for a few of items and working on the basement again The basement is getting more organized and cleaned out. DH has not seen it yet. Oh yeah, I really need to dust every room of this house and get take out a few Easter items for decoration. I need to plan Easter dinner. I have a ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus, and most items I would want for a nice dinner. I just have to make it.

Take care everyone.
Julie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Julie and everyone. My favorite time of the week - Saturday Morning! It is rainy here with sun peeking through from time to time - and quite warm - 55-ish. I hope everyone here is safe from the storms.

Julie, your Easter dinner sounds yummy! I am thinking of making a big dish of my homemade mac & cheese and having a smaller charcuterie board as the "side" this year. Last year's large charcuterie board was very pricey and I can do better if I have a main dish and a smaller one.

I made the mac & cheese for my parents and brother on Wednesday and they loved it - my brother called it "epic" (in the good way, lol). I have to admit, it is pretty good.

I don't know what all I will get up to today but I do need to pull out some paperwork and be ready to schedule some appointments on Monday (a meeting with my insurance agent and a dentist appointment for a cleaning and checkup). Always "stuff" to handle - it never ends!

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a bit of an up and down night, and my throat is a bit sore once again (nothing a hot coffee and a throat lozenge won't cure). At least I know it isn't Covid.

Not much happening here today. I will send in my scan, phone my brother, and do a bit more tidying in the sewing/craft room. Then I will sit and knit mitts. Hopefully another pair at least and cast on for the second. I am planning on taking Monday off from knitting during the day and sewing a few items of clothing for the summer. Perhaps a couple of pairs of shorts. I really need to start Hubby's robe as well. I may do a couple of the small monthly cleaning tasks as I want to start washing walls this month.

I have made a small list of items to pick up for our Easter dinner. Mostly salad stuff and of course the white bread necessary for making my sage stuffing. I think I just may pick up some kitty litter as well. I don't think there is enough in the jug since I have used some of it for other things.

So that is pretty much my day planned out. Nothing really special happening, nothing exciting, nothing super frugal or interesting. Just my regular day.... Oh and since we are supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow, I think I just may take a bit of a walk today (temperature is not too bad at all).

I will be making the leftover Baked Spaghetti for supper, finishing off the leftover salad, and having that sweet loaf for our dessert.

Today I am grateful for the calm before the storm....

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m glad that Patty and hopefully everyone else is safe from the terrible storms.

I’m doing laundry. I know that some of you use powder but I still use Publix store brand liquid. My 100 oz. jug is getting low but it has lasted a long time. When I buy a new jug I’m going to keep track of how long it lasts.

Today I’m going to mom’s house and work in the yard. The painter is going to paint three sides of the aluminum utility building in addition to the house. There’s a yellow allamanda, a palm and two crepe myrtle trees right up against one side. He said he’d trim them back but I’m going to try to help him by doing at least some of the trimming. He won’t start until May 15 so I have time.

On the way to mom’s house I’ll go to Target. I have a B1G1 coupon for my haircolor and I’m going to get a new Maybelline mascara even though I don’t have a coupon. I have an old Target gift card with $12 and change and will most likely use it up.

Have a good day and stay safe.

(I lost my original post halfway written so instead wrote it in Notes.)
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We're expecting the same rain and wind threat that some of you went through yesterday; hopefully it will moderate rather than heavy.

Morning routine complete. Not sure as to what I plan on doing the rest of the day but know I will think of something to keep me busy.

Dinner tonight will be steak and veggies.

Well that's all for now. Have a good day.