Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Wind is still blowing. My immediate area escaped bad storms and damage. I did go to Mom and Dad's and remembered my paper bag of glass for recycling. I got there and Dad had duct-taped their recycle can lid closed to prevent it from blowing. apparently the other day several recycle cans in the neighborhood blow open and trash was all over their yard. Then Mom pushes herself to clean it up and overdoes it.

I also finally sent a text to the personal trainer my girlfriend recommended. I will see her Thursday after work. I've had her contact information for a week now. I made a hair cut appointment for Wed after my eye doctor's appointment.

Our temperatures have been dropping throughout the day, so It is a bit chilly now. I was cold pumping gas.

Have a nice evening.
Maggie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:09 pm I hope I can snap out of this. The COD has been good. He cleans the bathroom and kitchen. I do sweep and mop the hallway and my room, but it is still cluttered

I managed to grow some tomatoes last year, this year nothing

But also I feel like our family life has changed with the passing of two siblings. We used to do things together and now. Nothing. I did attend a birthday two weeks ago at younger brothers.
Clem..you very possibly have long covid. Also..you have had such a rough year with all the losses in your family. That can knock you down in a big way.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:37 pm Trees, Iceland will be so much fun for your DH and DS. I’ve heard that the scenery is spectacular. Your DH had a rough year last year so this is nice.

Clem, you probably do have long-term Covid. Your energy never fully came back and they say that is s big part of it. (((Hugs)))

HappyDaze, I hope that Hope is OK and does not vomit again.

I’m at mom’s house and exhausted. I did a lot in the yard but it’s good for me.

Terrazzo guy said he can do the work the week of the 10th so only a week away.
Thanks Florida! Both DH and DS have always wanted to go there.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:28 pm Happy April everyone.

Heartsick over the latest tornadoes. There were SO many yesterday. The extreme weather is getting worse.

On a happy note here...our family dinner for DH last night was really nice. Our son's big surprise for his Dad....he is taking DH to ICELAND for a week! Just the two of them! DS had asked me months ago if I thought a trip for just the two go them was a good idea. Absolutely! He didn't tell me the destination. You can imagine DH's surprise!! They will be going in May. Warms my heart.
Oldest son went to Iceland awhile back and loved every minute of the trip. I now have a friend visiting there and she is just enthralled with the country.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

A trip to Iceland is fabulous!

Clem, sweetie, how long has it been since you had a full check-up? You must do something about your gastric issue, so you might as well tackle the whole thing. (((Hugs)))

HappyDaze, I hope whatever upset Hope's tummy is out of her system. Poor baby!

The backyard clean-up project is done and I am aching all over. In a couple of weeks I'll set out tomato plants in the big pots in the back yard and hope to get a nice little harvest. I still have to chop down a patch of weeds on the front fence line that our neighbors don't keep mowed. It's grown into a snake haven and I have to chop it down every few years.

I got a loaf of oatmeal bread going in the bread machine but have no idea what to do for supper. Having someone else show up and cook it would be excellent, but unlikely. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I basically had a full checkup when I had to go to the ER back in November. Bloodwork, MRI, ultrasound, x-ray. Said I was fine.

Now my local doctor did retire two years ago. I need to sign up with the new owner that just started up.