Daily Check-in May 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 20, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:18 pm I get a "10 day supply" (30 of the lowest dose pills) and have to call my doctor's office to get it refilled. That "10 day supply" lasts me anywhere from 4 to 6 months. The "dosage" is 1 tablet up to 3x a day - I take ONE tablet every few weeks for the most part.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, panic attacks and depersonalization-derealization disorder but (thank the Good Lord), symptoms/episodes are extremely few and far between. My doctor is very pleased with the way I utilize the medication and I am eternally grateful that none of those diagnoses impact my ability to work, travel, participate in life. Many people have it a lot worse.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/mental-health-disorders/dissociative-disorders/depersonalization-derealization-disorder
Once things calm down with decluttering my mom’s house, I’ll be able to get back into the yard and rely less on the anxiety meds. I can’t wait!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:08 pm I want to hear all about Iceland when your DH and DS get home! Will they take tours there or rent a car? I’ve heard that the weather changes quickly. Safe travels to them and you take care, Trees, while they are away.
Florida~
They are sending beautiful photos!!! They rented a car and are exploring on their own. Having a great time.
They are both very funny..and the texts I am getting are hysterical. DH didn't have to take his shoes off at the airport...because he is 75! They both race to fall asleep first because they both snore...and on ..and on.
It does my heart good.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:03 pm Whew, y’all…it has been a week. Ugh. For five days in a row, DH had appointments, so we were up, dressed, and ready each day. I was bringing his breakfast, meds, etc. to him so he could sit where he was most comfortable to eat. Then, I would drive him to wherever and find a shady place to wait/read until he texted me he was ready. Then I’d pick him up at the door. Too many days we stopped at a drive thru on the way home. Ugh. I’m worn out. For someone who is used to hardly getting out at all, this has been a lot. Thursday night I sort of reached my breaking point. I was crying and hyperventilating while he was in the other room. Of course, I had to get up and do it all again on Friday, but I felt a bit better.

Anyway, enough of my whining. Logics, I’m glad you didn’t feel the earthquake this time. And your steak dinner sounds so good. I made roasted chicken thighs and rice and greens for DH’s birthday dinner this week (ergo perhaps the meltdown) and that’s the most cooking I’ve done in a while. I miss it.

We had rain during the night. Not a lot, mind you, but of course Audrey woke up freaking out. Which woke me up. At 5am. Ugh. I just got up b/c there was no way I was going back to sleep and I didn’t want her climbing all over DH. We came out here and she settled down on the recliner while I did some of my reading/commenting on others’ stories/book segments.

Kitty, yes! Decoration Day. Folks would picnic at the gravesites and, as you said, make a day of it.

“Homeownership can be one danged thing after another.” Mackie, you are so right. And it seems to come in waves. I remember a while back, it was first one HVAC, then the other, then the roof rats. It was overwhelming. And so expensive. Now, our major expenses seem to be all health related, which honestly scares me more than anything about retirement.

Trees, wow, Iceland! I’ve always wanted to go to either Iceland or Norway, to see the Northern Lights (among other things). My nephew and his wife went several years ago (flew in/out of Reykjavik) and loved it.

I don’t really have much on the agenda today. I’ve unloaded the dishwasher and put DH’s breakfast bowl/spoon into it. Our sweet neighbor brought by some baked oatmeal she’d made, with fresh blueberries and bananas. It’s FABULOUS. Very fresh tasting. I have more reading to do today, but I want to start watching some of the (too many) movies I’ve been recording lately. Last night I watched Village of the Damned (1960). I can’t believe I never saw it. I loved it.

MJ, hope you love your recliner.
Patty..I am so sorry you had a meltdown. It IS so overwhelming. Don't even hesitate to stop and pick up food while you are out..you have so much on your plate right now. Whatever it takes to get through. My DH and DS are having a really great time. I am getting beautiful photos. Take good care of yourself. Praying your DH heals quickly.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:18 pm I get a "10 day supply" (30 of the lowest dose pills) and have to call my doctor's office to get it refilled. That "10 day supply" lasts me anywhere from 4 to 6 months. The "dosage" is 1 tablet up to 3x a day - I take ONE tablet every few weeks for the most part.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, panic attacks and depersonalization-derealization disorder but (thank the Good Lord), symptoms/episodes are extremely few and far between. My doctor is very pleased with the way I utilize the medication and I am eternally grateful that none of those diagnoses impact my ability to work, travel, participate in life. Many people have it a lot worse.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/mental-health-disorders/dissociative-disorders/depersonalization-derealization-disorder
Sheila,

I read through all of the information you provided on your conditions. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Given some of the things you have said, I can certainly see how a child in such difficult circumstances would suffer from these health difficulties. After reading it all, it tells me what a strong person (and courageous) you are to continue to have any contact with your parents or sister. It truly amazes me that you are able to do that.

I am so pleased to hear you have a physician willing and very capable of meeting your medical needs and medications as works out well for you.

I admire your fortitude.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:49 pm Sheila,

I read through all of the information you provided on your conditions. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Given some of the things you have said, I can certainly see how a child in such difficult circumstances would suffer from these health difficulties. After reading it all, it tells me what a strong person (and courageous) you are to continue to have any contact with your parents or sister. It truly amazes me that you are able to do that.

I am so pleased to hear you have a physician willing and very capable of meeting your medical needs and medications as works out well for you.

I admire your fortitude.

MJ
MJ, you are so kind. I don't know if "strong" and "courageous" are the right adjectives - or if "crazy" would be a better one, lol. I do limit my contact. I have friends who see their parents all the time and coworkers who just adore, admire, and dote on their parents, say such great things about their childhoods, etc. It makes me a little jealous and sometimes and I catch myself thinking "I wish I was from the kind of family where I can't wait to get together with them every weekend."
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW!!!!!!! I was a little surprised that they called on a Sunday but it's fine by me!!! They said they got a lot of applicants and have narrowed it down to a "small handful" that they are interviewing. I go on Friday at 2:30.

Wish me luck. If I get this job, it will literally CHANGE. MY. LIFE. in such a positive way. At this point, I don't even care about the pay cut, I care about getting some of my life back and feeling like myself again.

I am preparing, preparing, preparing, brushing up on my interview skills and thinking of every possible question they might ask and I have a list of questions to ask them.

It's going to be hard to go on my trip and not think about the interview happening after I get back - but I'm determined to do it. Thank you for listening!!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz