Daily Check-in May 20, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in May 20, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I have done the bare minimum today, it has only gone up to 62 degrees and I am feeling cold. The sun is shining so that is a plus. I just can't find my mo-jo and the worst part is I don't think I care today :roll:

Patty, you are doing great, cry if you need to, it is cleansing sometimes.
MJ, I am so glad your helpers did so much for you...enjoy that recliner!
Mackie, it sounds like you are getting to the point of maybe buying new clothes????
FloridaCat, do you have a move in date? You sound like you are making great progress.

I need to go to the DD's later, they have snap dragons and a lily for me to plant and I have sandwich spread made for them. Maybe later, hoping it warms up a bit. Next week we are supposed to get into high 70's low 80's.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, I am getting there with clothes. I'm trying to have just enough clothes to get through until I go into maintenance phase, so I gradually pick up smaller tops at Goodwill and keep taking up clothing that can be taken up. I have only 7 slacks/shorts, one dress, and ten tops right now, two summer cardigans, two nightgowns and two pairs of pajamas. Several of the shirts I don't wear and ought to give back to Goodwill. It's amazing how few clothes one needs after retirement.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good afternoon everyone. Quickly reading through the posts, it looks as though everyone is quite busy! Patty, do take care of yourself - thinking of you!

It was an expensive day. I bought a new outfit for my trip at the consignment shop and some toiletries I needed. I picked up pet stuff at Tractor Supply when DD and I took the puppy there to get micro chipped.

I went to a lovely little greenhouse/gift shop and picked up a flowering plant and some goats milk lotion and soap for DD's birthday. I have some other little goodies for her too. I had some stuff for her that I purchased from my coworker but - dang - I used it!!

I got a few groceries and snacks for the trip as well. I'm DONE, I hate shopping.

My dad stopped by. My mom sent him to get the boxes of stuff I have for that Amish lady's thrift store. Well, he didn't get it - it is in the back of my garage and it is pouring rain. I told him I would get it and bring it to them tomorrow. My mother will keep 99% of it for herself - she does that EVERY. TIME. :roll: :roll: :roll: I need to find out where that Amish lady lives and start taking stuff directly to her. I also have some bird seed to take to my mother. So that will be tomorrow - I am done for today.

DD and I both ate a whole salad kit for lunch. They say there are 3.5 servings in each kit - not at our house!! I don't know what supper will be but I will probably just get a snack and call it good.

It has been kind of a difficult day - I got to bed LATE last night, didn't sleep well and was awake around 3:30 and didn't really get back to sleep - gave up and got up around 5:00. Then I didn't feel well, ended up having to take an anti-anxiety pill, which I rarely need to do, but I was glad I had them.

I'm getting off here to get some stuff done. Have a good evening!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:51 pm
It has been kind of a difficult day - I got to bed LATE last night, didn't sleep well and was awake around 3:30 and didn't really get back to sleep - gave up and got up around 5:00. Then I didn't feel well, ended up having to take an anti-anxiety pill, which I rarely need to do, but I was glad I had them.

I'm getting off here to get some stuff done. Have a good evening!
I decided to just go back on a daily routine of meds. Taking one every now and then doesn't help me.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:04 pm I decided to just go back on a daily routine of meds. Taking one every now and then doesn't help me.
I don’t take one every day but I have taken one most days in May. I still have 1 1/2 months worth but I’m never sure my doctor will prescribe more. But that was the Rx I picked up yesterday and it has two more refills so I’m happy. I’ll see the doctor at the end of June and tell her I’ve been taking them more regularly. I’m glad I have them.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

casadekitty wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:39 pm Update:

I have done the bare minimum today, it has only gone up to 62 degrees and I am feeling cold. The sun is shining so that is a plus. I just can't find my mo-jo and the worst part is I don't think I care today :roll:

Patty, you are doing great, cry if you need to, it is cleansing sometimes.
MJ, I am so glad your helpers did so much for you...enjoy that recliner!
Mackie, it sounds like you are getting to the point of maybe buying new clothes????
FloridaCat, do you have a move in date? You sound like you are making great progress.

I need to go to the DD's later, they have snap dragons and a lily for me to plant and I have sandwich spread made for them. Maybe later, hoping it warms up a bit. Next week we are supposed to get into high 70's low 80's.
JCKitty
I still have a long way to go with the house. I’m not putting pressure on myself and the timing of some things, like the kitchen, are out of my control. It is hard getting rid of furniture and making all the decisions by myself. But I feel happy that I’m making slow progress finally.